READ BEFORE POSTING: Ban/Unban Request Rules & Info

Discussion in 'Ban/Unban Requests' started by Uragan, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uragan Veteran Stalker

This section is for requesting bans on players who have broken the rules, requesting unbans if you believe you were wrongly banned or wish to apologize, and for reporting moderators who have been abusing their powers. This thread is here to explain what is allowed here, what isn't allowed here, and to also give you some useful information.

Useful Information & Links:

If you do not feel comfortable posting a request on the forums for everyone to see, you may use Sourcebans to do so privately.
    Submit a ban request privately
    Submit an unban request privately
    Keep in mind that we will not be able to ask questions if you submit requests through this method so you must make sure that your request has all necessary information included in it.

SteamID I/O is a very useful website which will allow you to easily get SteamIDs of players. You do not need to sign in to gain access to what is necessary for a request, just follow the directions on the lookup page.
    SteamID I/O
    When you put a link to a player's profile in there, what we will want is just the basic SteamID which will look like this:
    Alternatively, you can type status in the console in-game to grab the SteamIDs of all players on a server.

Ban Request Rules:

Rule One - Include all the necessary information in your request. We need to know the names, SteamIDs, and what rules the player or players broke.

Rule Two - Include proof of the player breaking the rules. Proof can be in the form of videos, demos, screenshots, chat logs, and time when the player broke the rule(these last two options are a last resort and can't always verify that a player broke the rules). We cannot really do anything if you do not give us proof.

Rule Three - Be respectful in your request. Acting like a dick is a good way to get ignored and banned.

Rule Four - Submit ban requests when it's actually necessary. If someone called you a mean name or did one thing wrong, don't immediately jump to the idea of submitting a ban request. Ban requests should only be made when a player is disrupting gameplay or being a nuisance to the entire server.

Unban Request Rules:

Rule One - Include all the necessary information in your request. We need your ingame name and SteamID.

Rule Two - Explain in proper English as to why you think you should be unbanned. If you have any proof, post it in your request as it could be useful.

Rule Three - Be respectful in your request. Acting like a dick is a good way to get ignored and banned.

Rule Four - Don't request an unban for insignificant shit. Unless it was admin abuse, protesting a ban that is under two hours in length is a waste of our time.

Admin Abuse Report Rules:

Rule One - Include all the necessary information in your request. We need the name and SteamID of the abusive admin. You also need to explain what the admin was doing that was bad.

Rule Two - Unless it can be verified by a lot of players, we absolutely need proof for admin abuse reports.

Rule Four - If you're reporting an admin, make sure that it is for a proper reason. We do not care if an admin called you a mean word once, these reports are for actual issues like admins breaking rules or admins not doing their jobs properly.

Posting Templates:

Copy/paste what is inside the quote to use the template. Note that these aren't necessary, but might be useful to some lazy people.
    Questions:

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

2. Uragan Veteran Stalker

So I figured with the rising amount of people asking why they got banned for two weeks, I thought I'd explain on this thread so we don't have people shitting up the section with people saying they did nothing wrong.

Why was I banned for two weeks when I wasn't in-game?

The reason for being banned for two weeks while you were not online is because you or your IP had three or more bans in a relatively short amount of time. This ban serves as a warning that if you do not start following the rules, you will soon be permanently banned from our servers.

Can I request an unban if I have been banned for two weeks?

You are allowed to request an unban if you are banned by this warning, but there is no guarantee that you will actually be unbanned. If you make a request apologizing or at least providing a decent reason as to why you should be unbanned, chances are, you'll most likely be able to get unbanned. Also, there is always the possibility that we may have made a mistake, so don't be afraid to request an unban if you feel we fucked up somewhere.

That's all for now. As always, if you have questions, don't be afraid to send me a private message.

3. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Just to add some info for people who don't know how to get demos to us:

How to record a demo for proof of rule breaking:

If you don't know how to record a demo:

To start recording the demo: Open console and type record micspammer to start the demo.
    To stop recording the demo: Open console and type stop to stop the demo.

If you don't know how to open console:

You have to go to the Game settings and check the enable developer console . After this you can use ` or the assigned key to open and close it.

After stopping the demo, go to the directory you installed CS:GO to (usually SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo) and there should be a micspammer.dem file. Upload this to the forums and admins will be able to play the demo back and see everything going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.