Counter Strike Complete :O 66% off

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Djizzle, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Djizzle New Member

2. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Will probably get CSGO this friday and play the beta while waiting.

3. Uragan Veteran Stalker

There's an update that will be released before the 14th, I have a feeling we might get it on Friday.

I am particularly interested in the new player models.

4. BodomChild666 Member

Banning stupid rule breaking fucks.
    Can't wait to see the final product, been seeding feedback on this game and playing it since launch on October 31st ahah

5. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    They better have fixed all the bugs by release, have they said anything about the supposed console port?

6. BodomChild666 Member

Its launching on XBLA and PSN same day.
    Playstation is the only one that gets a beta and it starts a little after the PC beta on August 18th.. But just like PC, only if you preorder.
    Idk, I might get it on PS3 just to check it out with PSMove :p

7. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Damnit, now I want to buy it on the PS3 to test out my PSMove too. I bought it for whatever reason and never used it lol, would be funny to see how it works on CSGO.

8. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I am buying CS:GO tomorrow along with PAYDAY: Wolf Pack but I have some mixed feelings about this game. There are quite a few good things but there are plenty of bad things as well.

Good:
    Updated graphics - This is showing that Valve is listening to the community about adding new things to the engine such as dynamic shadows.(Obviously they won't have all the things we hate about Source engine fixed instantly.)

New maps and game modes - Valve has added game modes such as gun game and arsenal demolition which are both fun but needs more support for them. Also their new maps which are loosely based off of L4D maps are quite fun.

New weapons - It's great to see that we're getting new weapons but there is a big problem with this which I'll explain later.

Change - I don't give a shit what the CSS community or what the CS 1.6 community says. Change is good and was needed anyways. The communities of the past two CS games want the recoil and weapon handling they've had for years and are afraid to change. While I agree, the current weapon handling needs tweaking, I don't want to go back to the same shit we've been dealing with before in the other CS games.(AK and M4 only useful weapons.)

Bad:
    Community - A good percentage of the people who have gotten their hands on the CS:GO beta are whiny bitches. They constantly bitch about the game being bad because it doesn't fit to their standards even though the game is still in beta and is still being tweaked. As said earlier, change is good and is needed. To the whiny bitches, I have two words: Fuck off.

This isn't the only problem with the community though, 70% of Counter-Strike's players are retarded and afraid of change because they have to master most skills again. All this is doing is essentially splitting up the community more.

New game modes - I have no problem with them adding more game modes, in fact it's a great thing, but we need more support for the new game types. Arms Race is a very fun game mode and could have plenty more players but we only have two official maps.

New weapons - The problem with the new weapons is that they're adding useless ones. We don't need more shotguns or SMGs, we need new assault rifles to counter the AK and M4 being used the most. If we have more weapons that can counter the AK and M4, we'll see a lot more variety in what people use.

Not Sure:
    Mod support - I have no idea what this will look like in the end but Valve needs to listen to the community to make it successful. Valve fucked up on L4D's VPK system because it was a disaster and only made things much more complicated than development should be. If Valve listens to the community, we should have no problem with this.

This is just my personal opinion about CS:GO.

9. Kastro Banned

The game is released in 11 days you expect things to change from now to when its released? The game is basically done.

The game feels terribly broken and i cant see it being improved in the coming days every weapon doesn't feel right the game is graphically appealing but fails on game play in my opinion. I will still however play cs:go to see where it goes as far as the mod community but as for playing cs i will remain on cs:s for the time being.

10. BodomChild666 Member

Some of the SMGs actually stand a chance against some one with an AK or and M4 and with the upcoming changes the recoil of the AK is being increased. I find they're a lot more evened out now compared to 1.6 or CSS. The only thing I've found is they've killed the Deagle soo bad. You can't just easily pick off people when they come around the corner with a head shot, but maybe that's just because of the updated hit boxes and better bullet reg.

They have announced an SDK for CS:GO already, but I don't know what else they really plan to do. Deathmatch has already been modded into the game (with gun menus, spawn protection and all) and works flawlessly. I'm sure most of the mods we see on CSS will be easily transferred over to CS:GO.

11. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Are you serious? No really, have you ever paid attention to what developers do to a multiplayer game after release? Developers usually release updates to balance things out even if it's post-release based of criticism from players. Great examples are games such as Max Payne 3 and Battlefield 3. If I'm correct, even Valve has been doing that with their multiplayer games anyways.

12. Kastro Banned

I'm sure things will we further tweaks after release but how much can you really change? They can change animation timings on weapons reduce recoil, dmg etc etc it does not change the fact that the game play inst fluid or appealing it feels like im playing tf2 or l4d but with a cs skin on it.