Count Down From 5000

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by o-m-f-g, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Mei Member

2nd yr Psychology uni student

I'm in a quite good mood at the moment... no good reason why lol

I don't use mousepads :p my knee is the pad. I know those people, don't like all of them (I do enjoy Gwen back in the old days when she was in No Doubt... 'Don't speak'). Not interested in Nelly or Usher or Ashley... Don't think they have much talent lol

I need a new mouse... my current one jams when clicking and I think thats really impairing my gg skills lol (blame it on the mouse) mind you, it was a cheap Logitech one for under a fiver (£) and it's done good in the last 4 years. If I get a new mouse, this one deserves a burial. :p

2. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item

lol yeah i guess i know gwen from no doubt. in fact "tragic Kingdom" was one of the first three cds i bought as a kid. ha just remembered that.:)

3. Mei Member

hmm... I never brought the albums lol

Made an apple pie earlier - despite it being overly sweet, it smells gorgeous.... the apples were from my aunties garden - they were so tiny too!

4. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator

Got a lot of things done with the server today, including the replication of the databases I tried before. I also changed a bunch of settings in the database server to speed things up, you should notice the forums loading faster now. The test Gmod servers now have working admin and everything else. I've been trying to make the transition to the new server go as smoothly as possible, moving over little bits at a time.

5. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item

hats off to Espeon for making FaceWAN all the better. :D
    hats off to Ownage as well for helping me and the music club out. :D

Here Here!

6. Mei Member

*remembers that replication database website* >.< scary stuff!
    Espeon, you deserve a medal for all your hard work! Its cool that you're so dedicated to improving FaceWAN :D

Went back to uni today as reading week is almost over. Am quite sleepy from not getting enough sleep! :eek:

7. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

Got 12 hours of work in today, so I'm quite happy to have the extra money for things right now.

8. Mei Member

While you're off making money, I just had to pay a £270 water bill... and I need to chase up on my housemates to pay me back money... and also ask the water company why on earth they are charging me an extra £16. In uk, everyone just wants to scam you of your money...

Like one time my phone bill came back twice as much and I had to call them up to ask why. They said they auto added an add on that made it ridiculously expensive. I wasn't even asked if I wanted it lol. I bet they were just fingers crossing that I wouldn't call up and pay the extra. bull shit lol.

I realised how to shut my housemate up. Mention the words 'You owe me money' and she legs it. Fast. :D

9. MoonDawg Member

Well, It appears that I have killed my laptop!
    The reason it died is because I had a little bit of static on my hands after putting on my socks.
    I went to touch my keyboard, the shock traveled down into the motherboard thanks to an exposed key, and now all I get when I try to turn it on are 3 short beeps followed by all the lights upfront flashing red.
    Gotta love how Toshiba makes their laptops SO sensitive to changes in current.
    :/

10. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item

that sucks. I used to have a Toshiba laptop as well a few years back. I was writing a novel on it. lol I had like 125 pages written and I accidentally dropped the thing 2 feet on the ground. would not work after that. I also decided to give p writing after that. pissed me off.

11. MoonDawg Member

I took it to Best Buy and got it working again.
    I was thinking of saving up for a Toshiba Qosmio.
    Best for gaming, but on the downside, the laptop isn't exactly what you'd called "inconspicuous."
    The thing is huge and it's all red and has this chrome like shine to it.
    It is just begging to be stolen if I take it out into public.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  12. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item

sux having something nice, someone always wants to take it from you.

man I am stressing, All of a sudden I have a job interview in two hours and now I am freaking, trying to get my clothes washed, and scheduling a haircut. If I get it though it will be like..."yay". Wish me luck :)

13. Mei Member

Oh I hope you got the job! What did you apply for???

OMG my housemate had her dinner whilst bathing yesterday... she came out an hour and a half later, still chewing on her crap cooking... I was disgusted....

14. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item

I applied to cook at a retirement home:0

Lol you think your housemate is bad, my step brother(the one who just got out of jail) came up to my room last night while I was at my interview and stole my cd-rom and destroyed my computer. fuck I was so pissed. I gave him my old computer like 3 months ago before he went to jail, and he figured I would be cool with him cracking my computer open and unplugging and stealing shit. My computer barely works as it is. The only way I can get it to turn on is If i have 1 ide cable hooked up to my primary hard drive and my cd- rom. my secondary hard drive does not work, neither does my cd-burner, so it wont boot when that shit is plugged in. I came home and the only thing plugged in was my secondary hard drive. I fucking went downstairs and started pushing the guy around and even my little brother was helping. He thinks he's hard, but yesterday he admitted to his dad that he is scared shit-less of me. He should be. I might kill him.

15. Ownage Administrator

Lol What a ass... I have a extra computer here. It is old but it might work.:D

16. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item

thanks ownage :D fortunately my computer is working right now, earlier when you were specing the gg server my comp crashed and I thought I lost the hard drive. I went ahead and switched out the ide cable and now its working again. I thought it was the hd that took a shit because the old ide cable was also showing that the cd-rom was working. its weird....feels like my computer isnt working but it is.

17. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

I played some Counter-Strike 1.6 for old time sake today and had some fun. I used to be in a clan and everything four or so years back, until the clan broke up in a violent fight.

18. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item

ha that's funny I was dicking around with condition zero earlier on my bro's computer today. Haven't played that in years....

19. Mei Member

Shamwow, your stepbro is a right ass.
    I got condition zero and 1.6 with that counter strike package... although didn't play them much... I hate that I can't make the crosshair smaller in 1.6... its so large and in the way.

Espeon, I'm curious (and nosy) what do you mean by violent fight? was there any real fighting? lol!

20. m0cha_man Member

cashier at pools

I got spore... i'm on the space stage... I'm everyones bitch because im doing shit for these random half-assed aliens with dicks on their stomach...