BattleField 1 - Review(?)

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Furchee, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I guess it's time I review a few things here (THIS MAY BE EDITED LATER) even though I feel this still may be a little early ... but here it goes.

---THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS---

So, before I start with the pro's cons and opinions of my own I would like to state that :
    -I've owned bf3, bf4, pretty much all cods in the past and I'm fairly familiar with battlefield.
    -I pre-ordered the game (Played the beta too)
    -This was played on a 1080 running everything on ultra (with no lag woop woop!)
    -I've ONLY PLAYED conquest (64 p)
    -I've played all classes which will be listed below
    -I main sniper rifles for the most part
    -Vehicles are gay

So lets start with the good things :
    Classes : I strongly feel that removing the medic shit for the assault class was a GOOD decision. The classes are as follows:
    Assault (Mainly SMG,Shotgun,pistols,explosives,anti tank)
    Medic (Rifles, pistols, revives, medical shit)
    Support (LMG's, pistols, explosives, ammo supply, wrench-repair tool)
    Scout (Snipers, rifles, pistols, Anti tank FMG)

The rest I do not play but here is the info on that (taken from wikipedia!

Tanker (Players choosing to spawn into a tank automatically spawn as the tanker class. The class is new to the series, and features a hammer that can repair vehicles.)
    Pilot (Players who spawn into a plane automatically spawn as the pilot class. Outside of planes, pilots have access to pistol-caliber carbines.)
    Cavalry (Players who choose to spawn on a horse spawn as the cavalry class.)
    Elite (Elite classes are obtained by players through a pickup on the battlefield, which allows them to wield different special abilities or weapons such as the flamethrower. This class has different variations such as the Sentry, Tank Hunter, and Flame Trooper.)

Unlocks (NOT BATTLEPACKS. SEE BELOW) : The way you unlock your guns is fairly different from bf3-4.
    With every level up you gain a currency called Warbonds which you can use to purchase guns of your own choice. Most guns are however LOCKED until you achieve a certain amount of time played with that particular class. For example it takes about 3-4 games (if you're good) to rank up your assault class. MOST guns are available to be purchased at around 1-5 with the exception of just 1 or 2 guns whom you cannot purchase until level 10 of that particular class.

Graphics : It's battlefield. On ultra. On the fucking frostbite engine.

Vehicles : Air and ground support really feels like it's not AS powerful as it is in bf3 and 4 which really makes the ground combat a lot more enjoyable. I hope this isn't just because I haven't gotten raped by air support that much as of lately as I genuinely like the vehicular manslaughter to be rather lacking.

Bad shit:

Skins!? : I'm not sure if you're aware of this but it seems like battlefield is jumping onto the wear and tear weapon skins most games (mainly valve) are using nowadays to rape people's wallets.
    As far as I know (this may be wrong, dont quote me on this all too much) you can unlock weapon skins now (battlepacks -- random chance) which come in only three wears.
    It's either a used gun, normal looking designed weapon or a special golden kind of finish for the weapon.
    This is INCREDIBLY stupid but at the very least it doesn't really affect you all that much nor does it unlock weapons you dont own. That means you can pay to get better guns! (Wise decision)

Maps : This may be opinion based but the maps seem A LOT smaller. Hell a randomer even said one of the maps (64 player map) felt like nuketown. It's not only smaller maps but also the fact sniping has turned a little odd (most shots are now 75 to 150 meters) and it seems kind of pointless to have a 300 meter scope adjustment when I've never once had to use it.

Customization / Guns : It REALLY feels like they put minimal effort into their customization options for their guns. I've only really customized one or two guns so this may be edited later, but it's really mind boggling how little options you're given when it comes to customizing your gun.
    The selection of guns seems awfully small too. I am aware this was based on WW1 but it just looks like most of the guns are the same with slight changes. Idk eat my ass

Campaign : That's right, the campaign was horrible. Even though I was really excited to be able to blow up and destroy pretty much every object I ever came across it simply didn't impress me enough.
    The campaign was INCREDIBLY short and not all that pleasing. Without going into too much detail I'm just going to say it wasn't that impressive and it seemed incredibly rushed (as if multiplayer was the only good thing about this game). YES, they put a lot of effort into the story and I liked the cut-scenes but it simply didn't work.
    I have only played the normal difficulty but it sure as fuck felt like it was easy mode. Maybe I'm just too good huehueheuheu

So to close it off like this :
    >Awesome Visual Detail
    >Balanced Guns
    >Smaller maps
    >Campaign was shit and short but somewhat impressive in terms of story
    >Not much customization

I'm going to rate this game at 8 out of 10 and I plan on playing it a LOT more.

Chee~

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. JesusFriedRice Member

anyone else get a glitch that makes your plane fly backwards?

3. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Nope but I have gotten the glitch where some walls disappear (turn into the skybox/void) which seems to have been a frostbite engine bug for many years now.

4. JesusFriedRice Member

I forget which map but you can go into a rock and they cant see you (but they can see the scope glint on snipers)