A Heartfelt Admin Request

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Sean71596, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Sean71596 Member

Part-time at www.templetheatre.com
    Hello,
    My name is Sean; I go by Sean71596 online (D.O.B. if you didn't think of that). I believe I should first start by telling you about myself, since I am new to the forums.
    I first started playing counter-strike with 1.6, then moved onto source after a few months, back when I was about 11. Then I moved onto Halo:CE for a year, bought TF2 right before it went free-to play *facepalm*, and then was involved in the CS:GO Beta, and before you know it, this story has caught up to real time, with me at CS:GO!
    Anyway, back about 4 years ago, when I played CS source, the server I spent the most time on, and was most intrigued by was none other than one FaceWAN surf server. After I bought CS:GO, I was quietly hoping on startup that there would be a FaceWAN Surf server, and luckily for me, and the rest of the world, there was, and for the past few weeks, I have been logging on every day.
    Now, moving on to a more business aspect; I saw the ad directing me to come here if I was interested in an administrative position, and if there is an opening, I am interested. Not that much "crime" per se occurs on the server, but it seems generally understaffed, and there is the occasional aimbotter, and the slightly-more-than occasional micspammer/call everyone on server hateful/racist/sexist name-er, and I feel that I could do something to help with that issue, and help out anyone who finds themselves trapped in a bug, like what happened multiple times with people getting stuck in the jail tube @ Xdream's Greatriver.
    Anyway, I hope you will take this into consideration, and hopefully I can be a new addition to your board of admins!
    P.S. If an admin is not needed, I'm not the type of person who will keep pushing for it. No hard feelings, and move on.

2. Uragan Veteran Stalker

You can buy admin at this point but you'd really need to prove yourself as worthy to earn admin. I'd recommend becoming more active in the community, not just the servers but the forums too.

Also, it's not the best idea to post an admin application as your first post.

(Also try to not make your posts giant walls of text, it makes things much more readable and appealing to read.)

3. Sean71596 Member

Will do, thanks.

4. Sean71596 Member

I usually split my time up between classic, jailbreak, and good ol' surf. With jailbreak out of the question (I am leaving due to admin abuse, and other servers not following classic rules/freekilling), I will be spending about maybe a 60/40 ratio of time on CS:GO, with 60% on surf, and 40 on classic, maybe even more. I can be found usually on the surf server if you need me.
    P.S. Posting this emote for no reason. I just like it. Portal FTW!
    :lovewcc:

5. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    I would have to agree to what Gatekeeper said. Also, I must say that you did well with your wall of text considering not everyone is so concerned about their typing whether it be grammar or punctuation. Take this seriously or not but I actually see potential in you. That being said, I'd like to welcome you to the FaceWAN Community and enjoy your stay.

6. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

All I can say is
    Penis.

In all seriousness, you seem like you could be a good person to have on the team.
    I as well, welcome you to Facewan :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  7. Sean71596 Member

Thanks for all the feedback!
    I will be on surf, mostly, but I may look into other servers.
    By the way, I have always wondered this, back since I was 12; What Does FaceWAN Mean/Stand for?

8. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    That question has been stated in a thread before but just to sum it up for you:
    FaceWAN originally was FaceLAN as early memebers of the FaceWAN community were hosting servers locally on a LAN (Local Area Network) connection.
    Crazychicken132 and Bojangles (early members) used to call eachother "Face" and from that, servers being hosted for people to play by l337Espeon or others for the FaceWAN people were FaceLAN. However this expanded when FaceLAN suddenly became FaceWAN which changed LAN to WAN (Wide Area Network). The "WAN" in FaceWAN literally means that it's over the internet so basically it's a wide area network community/server.
    Now, all I've just said might not be a 100% accurate but at least that's what I know at the moment.

9. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    That's the short version of the story, and we still do call eachother face, haha.

Also, hope you are enjoying FaceWAN!