The Stanley Parable REVIEW

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Furchee, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

WELL, let's get on this one!

First of all, I'd like to say I did NOT buy this game. I know .. I know ... shame on me.
    I'd just like to clarify that before I continue as I think it's a rather poor choice since this game IS WELL WORTH THE FUCKING MONEY.

So lets try and describe this without any spoilers.
    You start off with a brief (but to the point) description/story of Stanley and you're instantly set to make your story.
    You are allowed *for the most part* to go wherever you'd like when it comes to rooms and during this, you are narrated by possibly one of the best voice actors I've heard in a while. You are given choices, options and plenty of opportunities to build your own story.
    Whether you listen to the narrator or not is entirely up to you as through the whole game all he asks is for you to follow his story as he narrates it through the gameplay.

The possibilities in the game are almost endless. On my own, I found a shit load of patterns and different endings to the game and ALL of them were satisfying.
    The HUMOR in this game on it's OWN is enough to purchase this game as I found myself laughing so hard. And since it takes quite a bit to amuse me (or make me laugh so hard my ribs ache) I think this game honestly blew my mind.

After I spent countless hours exploring my options and whereabouts, I think I finally reached my end as I couldn't think of anything else to do in the game.
    Oh boy was I surprised when I looked online for a little guide. I found that the developers thought of EVERYTHING a classical player would find and try.

Even after the 30th time of walking through the starting area, it's still amusing. In fact when you run quickly through the starting area, the rooms SHORTEN automatically for you so you don't have to walk through all the hallways again.

The game is absolutely hilarious, challenging and very well designed. Hats off to the modders and I'm grateful that my boyfriend made me download it.

I give it an easy 8/10 and I hope I make some of you experience the game as well.

The broom closet. Oh god my sides

2. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

Good review. This game is a must try. I started of with a pirated version aswell and bought it later on, full price, no sale. Well worth it.