Surf Server Suggestions

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Randys Donuts, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Randys Donuts New Member

Hello my name is David I go by the in game name of Randy's Donuts, I am a great fan of what your various surfing servers are doing(I believe I use to play in your Source server). I have always preferred a good combat surf more than any RPG or skill surf mod. I have been surfing on CS since 2003 in 1.6 and consider myself a Pro Surfer and I would like to discuss the possibility of reworking and updating the CS GO Surf server.

Maps
    The server has about 4 good working maps right now, many of the maps currently crash the server or are very poorly designed with bad ramps or spawn points. It would be easier for me to just list the good ones, Ski_2, Banocanyon, Machine and greatriver. There are other maps that are decent to play but typically once these 4 are played someone crashes the server and most people dont come back, sadly.

New Content?
    Sounds, Skins, Tracer Effects and more! These are the things that could bring in donations that might help with server costs. They could also be offered to various players for accomplishing certain goals, as well as others.

Crashes!!
    The server comes right back up in a few minutes at most, but most players do not return. This server has started to gain popularity and I would like to see it flourish.

I hope someone reads this, the last post in this section was over a year ago. Surf in CS go works well except for Bunny Hopping, so I would hope to see some of you soon!:D:

2. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    I will actually be fixing the map rotation this weekend as well as updating SourceMod. (I think this might be causing the crashes)

It's good to hear people are playing on the CS:GO Surf server, as I thought it was not really getting much use. Now that I know it's gaining people, I'll keep up with the many updates Valve has been putting out for CS:GO and fix broken things that have accumulated over time.

3. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Sourcemod has been updated, the maplist has been fixed, and some cvar changes were made to accommodate the recent updates. This should improve server stability greatly.