Steamguard

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Liezan, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Liezan Member

So after 13 days they finally have given my items which where hijacked back to me... only problem is after having steamguard on the past 10 days they decided to disable it and now they want me to wait anothe 15 days.. any ideas on how i could possibly fix this absolute bullshit

2. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Maybe use some punctuation ?
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying exactly.

3. Liezan Member

My bad, i had steamguard activated for 10 days after i was hacked, then today they had finally given my items back. Unfortunatly they had reset my password and Steamguard so ill have to wait another 15 days which in total will be 25 days it will take to have my trading, selling and buying privilages back. Is there any possible way to bypass this or possibly contact them in any for becides Steam Support

4. Uragan Veteran Stalker

The only things you can do is wait or try and contact Steam support(which doesn't guarantee any useful result because they can really be shitty at times). You should be really happy that Steam was even able to recover your items at all though, I'm pretty sure most of the time they can't do jackshit about lost items.

5. Liezan Member

They are always able to recover items, but only once.

6. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

You can't even trade in the Steam client? I can't trade in Chrome/Firefox/IE but Steam overlay/Steam browser works fine

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  7. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Does having the steam guard disabled not allow you to use the market ?

8. Liezan Member

nope i cant use it went its disabled

9. Liezan Member

So my you guys disabled my steamguard? after ive already had it on for 10 days
    5 Message by you on Sat, 2nd Aug 2014 12:56 pm
    Can you possibly fix this considering ive been in the community for 3 years and ive purchased various games from you, im logged in every day and play every day. i dont wana have to wait a month for this steamguard, ive already waited 2 weeks for your reply
    6 Message by Support Tech Douglas on Mon, 4th Aug 2014 7:31 pm
    Hello Brennan,

Our trading system is designed to protect user accounts and the Steam Economy.

Recent changes to your account information have restricted certain features of the Steam Community for a limited time.

As a result, some items may temporarily not be tradable or sold on the Community Market.

Once this restriction expires, you will be able to trade items and use the Community Market once again.

** Steam Support cannot remove this restriction from your account. These security features cannot be bypassed. **

For additional information regarding these restrictions, please see the following article:

Trading and Market Restrictions
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1047-EDFM-2932
    7 Message by you on Mon, 4th Aug 2014 8:56 pm
    You, Valve/Steam Have the worst support ever, this is completely pathetic. Ive never seen such terrible customer service from a company in all my years. May you burn in hell you useless people.
    Signed, Brenzan

enough said.

10. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    That burn in hell part was really unnecessary dude.

11. Liezan Member

Naw if anything i should have been more of an asshole, its the truth they are absolutely terrible. not to mention i had already changed my password post virus and they changed it again fucking up all my shit then say why steamguard is in place and say they cant do fuck all about it when we all know they can, they are just pathetic and worthless

12. Uragan Veteran Stalker

No, you shouldn't have been more of an asshole, you shouldn't have been an asshole at all. Valve is a fucking terrible company, but you aren't helping anything by insulting their support staff who has to deal with hundreds of stupid people asking about being VAC banned for no reason, people whining about losing hundreds of items because they were stupid enough to get scammed, or people getting their accounts hijacked because of stupid mistakes. As much as I believe Valve's security is annoying, it is useful as it might prevent people who hijacked your account from trading all your items away or spending your money on your Steam Wallet.

Just be patient, and you'll get access to shit again. There is literally no need to be going crazy about this shit.

nafrayu likes this.
  13. HadZnak Member

Steamguard is a motherfucking peder. I lost a chance to get that kickass summer sale badge because of it! And what did i do to get that shit thrown in my face? Just bought some games for me and my friends. What a pile of crap.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  14. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I've never in my entire life lost access to my account or been hacked. Not just on steam, but on everything else.
    That tells you something, doesn't it ?

nafrayu and matthaios like this.
  15. *sNAFU Member

That furchee is a Super Hacker and knows his stuff!

nafrayu and Furchee like this.