Some Friendly ideas for the New RP mod or existing one

Discussion in 'Role Play Servers' started by Madgod24, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    I just want to say thank you Lucid for all of your hard work for the RP mod

I have some suggestions about the rp mod that are just some recommendations and ideas. I really enjoy playing it but i have noticed and documented many bugs or glitches here that i would like to talk about

First:Glitched Doors
    in the Ovicity map there are many doors that do not open or if they do, they will lock a player inside. (which i find very hilarious but also annoying at the same time) here is an example:
    [​IMG]
    this door is very comical because sometimes if you run into it, it will open, sometimes its open, and sometimes it isnt. I dont know why it does this , because sometimes only cops can access it. if you could tell me that would be great. This door is located next to the IKEA and it contains the two best apartments in the whole map. inside there is furniture that cannot be owned for some reason?? as shown here
    [​IMG]
    you cannot own this furniture or move it so if another player in a past game moves the furniture, it is pretty much set the way it was before...as you can see
    As i think about how this furniture is bugged it makes me realize what could truly benefit from this

Second: pizza shop furniture disappearing
    as shown above, the furniture in the apartment cannot be moved or owned by physgun or player. The script for these objects could benefit for the tables and chairs in the pizza shop shown here.
    now, who really wants to eat at a pizza shop with no tables?? I think the preset furniture should stay put right where it is, and be unbreakable.
    [​IMG]

also in the police station what once was is now history. there used to be nicely placed computers here now nothing. DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE YOUR OFFICE!!!LOL
    [​IMG]

Third: Clone glitch
    Many players have figured out a glitch where you can actually clone a player using the player model /menu function. to do this you simply type (THIS PART WAS REMOVED BY MADGOD24 IN ORDER TO NOT PROMOTE THIS BUG, ANYONE WHO USES IT WILL BE BANNED PLEASE REFER TO BRANDO'S POST THANK YOU) and there you have it, you have a buddy. A BUDDY FOR PURE EVIL!!! you can use this character while in jail to teleport. thats right, you can teleport by "returning to normal" in the /menu function where you will teleport to where you left your buddy. that is bad and should be fixed. I showed brando about this npc creating also.
    [​IMG]
    as you can see, my buddy stan is demonstrating it for you thanks stan

Fourth: unfinished buildings
    Throughout the map there are many unfinished buildings set up. including the 7/11 where you cannot get behind the counter or spawn items. there is also an unworking light switch on the trash can for some reason. this is very strange
    [​IMG]

and trash can!
    [​IMG]

there is also a gunshop which you cannot do anything in, the door is also locked and you will get trapped inside. it is completely empty.

[​IMG]

Fifth: train glitch
    This is very important. Sometimes while using the train it will glitch massively causing the whole server to lagg or even crash. every player has to rejoin in order to fix it. sometimes the door will float out or even seats will float out and even sometimes people. very dangerous
    [​IMG]

Sixth: Post office:

This is more for me personally but i would like to see the post office working again. Numerous players tell me the post office used to work and i think it would be really neat if it did. could someone tell me what this did?
    [​IMG]

Seventh: Customizing your own store

If you are a shop owner, it would be nice to customize your store without items disappearing. shown below is a picture of the computer store where i have placed a computer on the counter. If you it respawn it disappears even if i owned it. Not only that, people will disappear as well if they are sleeping or stunned. I have seen it happen. and if you respawn the items in the store you will see them named as an object such as a barrel in the food store or a computer in the electronics store. either way it makes placing things impossible when it comes to this and other players sneaking around the counter just to respawn your items
    [​IMG]

Eighth: inventory crashes

sometimes when you are playing and you access your inventory it will not close. I have no idea why this does this but it is very annoying. you can press shift but it will not go away and you have to either drop something or sleep. sometimes items will also disappear and i would like to see a newer inventory. with numerous gmod 9 crashes it would probably be a good idea.
    [​IMG]

Crash lol

[​IMG]

thank you for taking time to read this and i am sorry for its length but just pointing out some bugs/glitches thank you! :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    very nice i was actually workin on something like that saves me time u even got the cloan bug

3. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    yeah np thought maybe some of these glitches could get fixed in the new rp

4. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow, thanks! I love bug reports like this one - makes it easier for me to sort everything out :)

I'll try to fix this by altering their spawnflags, so you have to press USE instead of touch them - this seems to be the easiest fix. Last resort would be replacing bugged doors with copies of them to fix it.

There may be a respawn-furniture button i'm not aware of (yet), i'll take a look into it. I may aswell create a script to protect "already-there-after-mapchange-props" from beeing touched by ANYONE (they'll belong to "worldspawn" instead of a steamid, technically).

This will be fixed in the new mod.

This is related to to rp_oviscity_gmc4 only - i may put some teleporter stuff inside the gunshop 7/11 to allow users to access the counters, but dunno, another map would be nice to have, too.

Source-engine-problems there - the func_doors seems to move too slow to keep up with the func_tracktrain, in a non-moving state, it just follows it's parent like it should, don't ask me why.

The post office basically teleports props you put into the post boxes, there might be a small code somewhere removing the teleporters (accidentally), i'll take a look into it.

Yet again, blame oviscity, i think it's time for a new map.

The new mod will fix this.

5. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    thanks!

thanks for reading and the info!! im glad to hear that most of this will be fixed and that my thread was put to some good use. thanks for making the rp experience for everyone to enjoy!

6. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    I have fixed this by changing the tickrate of the servers from 100 to 66 and the door seems fine now.

7. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    Awesomeness

that is great!! no more being locked inside!! thanks!

8. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    brando i have read your post and i removed the example how to bug part in consideration

9. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Do you guys really want the movement menu? If so, i'll completely redo it, to allow cops to stun players even when they're turned into npcs.

10. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    well i really do enjoy actually being able to rp by giving your character "emotes" but it does also cause a problem. I dont want to bother you or ask too much but would it be possible to make the npc's stunable and able to walk through because the npc's can block doors and roads

11. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

I also didn't want to take them out really, since they're kinda usefull for riding the train on oviscity - they're also the only way to express (yet limited) emotes in gmod9.

12. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Currently working on the door-crap again - this time you'll be able to control doors within the click of a (mouse-) button! No more hassle with stupid rp_setdoor commands.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  13. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    nice

awesome looks like you are making quick progress!! thanks for everything!