So what? I'm a beginner.

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by smiffy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. smiffy Member

High School Junior
    with some of my posts, im going to begin with an anecdote.
    so i have a server for hl2dm. seems pretty stable and from what i have learned can handle up to 24 people. its a decent little home server. but wtf, right? so im trying to get some things in to make the server seem more homely and my friend popped the question "are we gonna get an admin mod or something?" for those of you who have a lick of common sense, you know where this is going, but if you're currently sitting there like a douche then shut up and wait for me to finish. with all the shit flying around the internet, its hard to keep it from hitting the fan which in this case will be me. for the past few days i've been looking for these admin mods such as Mani Admin and others. i downloaded mani admin but then it gave me a good cockslap and broke my face with a sign that said "for experienced users only!". so now im in the ditch without a fucking clue.
    basically all im asking is, are there any good admin mods that wont hit me with the genius paddle before i can get it to work?

2. Chrisspitz Member

Facewan is using the ulx mod for admin.. Things like freeze hp etc.
    Not sure if it would work for hl2:dm since thats the gmod9 server.. But maybe so. And that might required sourcemod, sourcemod is a mod that basicly run's other mods.

Mani admin is not that hard to get going either.. With my experience. Ive hosted like 5 different home CS:S server's with it on it and have paid for 10 or 11 in the past.

Most of the commands for mani in the console would be
    ma_help
    ma_slay
    etc.

In game like chat etc. its like @ Hello or @slay smiffy etc.
    The @ma_slay smiffy would also work in chat

24 users does sound a bit much, but ive never really played hl2:dm to be able to experience lag.

Im not going to flame that because im not sure, but im just saying thats my opinion.

Hope I helped you with some of the stuff with mani, but thats just some general information and a little bit of my opinion

3. smiffy Member

High School Junior
    well im looking for HL2DM mani admin mod and ive found a version for it, i just need to get it to work....i just need help

4. Chrisspitz Member

Err
    Well maybe when I catch you online I can help you with a program Espeon showed me called Crossloop

Its like a remote desktop connection
    Controlling mouse movements etc.

But i'll find you a guide or you'll figure it out yourself intill then
    Im not a pro with hl2:dm, but I know the folder are NEARLY the same at CS servers

- Not saying that CS uses all the same plugins etc. to run their servers more "1337 like"

5. smiffy Member

High School Junior
    basically im trying to set everything up and right now im not quite finished, but yea its pretty similar. instead of cstrike its hl2mp so it aint much different.