So far...

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Source Servers' started by headsh0t, Jul 1, 2009.

1. headsh0t New Member

So far the changes have not been received well by the players.

A lot of the regulars have been joining the server and basically saying "Wtf happened to the server?", saying how much it sucks now, and then leaving shortly thereafter.

I would recommend putting the 2 kills per weapon back to 1 OR adding the mod that gives you a new clip after you get a kill. (I believe it's called no reload)

But that seems to be 1 of the big issues with the players...the fact that you now need 2 kills to get to a new level. It was a faster paced game and that pace made it more fun...hence why there was always a good number of players in the server (because it was really fun!).

I enjoyed 1 kill per weapon more because of the faster pace...not that I can't handle 2 kills per weapon (that just means my kdr is going to shoot up from 2 to around 3 or 4).

And in dealing with the teamkilling...just turn friendly fire off. Why make people lose levels for accidental team kills.

ie. a teammate runs on to your nade...or you're shooting at an enemy and a teammate runs through you (like a retard) and you tk him by accident

It's frustrating and it's going to keep losing our regulars.

The server was almost perfect before.

In my opinion and several others, all you should have done was turned friendly fire off. Voila...the same awesome server that everyone had come to love without the annoying teammates who like to teamshoot.

Another recommendation to consider in order to make the levels last a little longer would be instead of 2 kills per weapon, leave it at 1 kill per weapon (more fun) and just add the weapons in that we don't currently have. (auto-sniper/awp/etc?)

And as I was talking to Ownage last night, a map rotation with awesome maps would be better than the map voting system. I'm trying to put together a map pack of all the best small-mid sized css gg maps (hoping for about 50 to 100 maps).

If you have any map requests/suggestions, please post them here or message me on STEAM!

2. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    I agree a lot with headshot. The thing i didn't like about the server since it was changed was the handicap thing, and yes i think it will take some time getting used to the 2kills a level. that idea is a little bittersweet i kinda like the 2 kills but at the same time im going to have to change my style of playing, i guess more conservative with ammo.....i know we changed it to one level back for tking, gotta get used to that too cuz i tk alot lol. I might be able to get used to this way of playing, but then again maybe not. I like the server the way it used to be, I was pretty ok at it. With new admins and everything being a little more organized for the last few months the people that have visited the server has grown expediently. I hope this doesn't affect that.

We might need another gg server, lol we can call it FaceWAN classic.

BTW headshot 2 words LEGO ARENA!!!!:)

3. headsh0t New Member

Lego Arena will be in the map pack...I assure you of that! :p

P.S. - now instead of completely tking people, people are just stripping large chunks of health...so that problem has not really been solved.

4. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    yeah i went into the server today and you got 5 idiots on each team running around with glocks shooting teammates. looked like alot of fun. i guess when your on a shitty map that takes forever and you keep getting tk screwed id run around with a glock too and take out some frustration:confused: i think the only good point so far is now knifing gets you 2 levels lol

5. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Well, do you want me to change it back the way it was before?

6. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    i like the server, but i like it more the way it was before, it was popular always almost full, and no one ever complained. today i tried getting on at 4 different times and there was only a couple of ppl in there and no one stays very long. every person that comes in that i recognize ask me wtf happened and then leaves. it is a good idea but should be marketed to more serious and experienced players and might be better off if it was a sister server to the already popular one. i could see playing it as a more hardcore tournament like gg but the one we had was fast paced, easy to play, and people learned how to get good on it fast. I think we should have both :) I love FaceWAN its all i ever played and i think its only going to get better and better. But I digress, even if i turned into a zombie server(nothing against zombie servers) i would still play it...good ppl play there.

7. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    I want to thank you espeon for what you did. makes me feel good that I belong to a group as fair as this one. Its your server and you didn't have to change it back but you did,and I thank you for it. FaceWAN is the absolute best thing in css and when i start getting a better income flow I plan to donate heavily to it. I'm proud to be a member. FACEWAN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!:D

8. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Well most of the people wanted it back, plus all that I had to do was change one file and restart the server.

9. Dr. Professor Member

yeah, having the rest of the weapons added sounds like a good idea. & maybe just knife on warmup would be pretty sweet to so all the noobs will maybe learn to knife & win:D