Sleeping Paralysis Guide

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by ToxicGaming, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ToxicGaming Member

Note: This was leeched of off a guy on HF, all credit goes to TheOpenBox

Here is my quick guide:

1. Lay in your bed perfectly still. Make sure you're comfortable and make sure you're aware of your surroundings. You can do it with eyes open or closed. I usually do it with closed eyes as it helps me relax. (Note: Try to keep your arms off your body.)
    2. Keep your mind awake, this is probably the most important step as you want to stay awake during the time you go into Sleeping Paralysis. The way you want to do this is to just repeat a line in your head. For me it's always been "I'm Dreaming", you can make it anything you like. After about 20 minutes (yes, it takes some time for your brain to think your body wants to sleep.) you will feel a weight come over your chest.
    3. Open your eyes if they're not already open. (Only do this after you're feeling the paralyzing effect on your body.) You should start hallucinating.

Now if you're wanting to Lucid Dream:
    4. Close your eyes and think about a dream you want to have. You should be able to see the dream form.
    5. Make sure it's a dream!!! You want to do this by doing a reality check. I won't tell you what I do because every time I've ever told anyone one of my personal reality checks it stops working for me. Google it and you'll find something.
    6. Make sure you stay calm in the dream and stabilize it. You want to be there for a while. To get out of a dream I usually just jump into a pool of water or fall onto something.

I really hope this works for you. :)
    Good luck. ^^

2. Kastro Banned

What the fuck toxic.

3. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Lucid dreaming isn't that easy for everyone - the method you described is wake induced lucid dreaming, which isn't really the best technique for beginners.

Sleeping for like 5 hours and then going to bed again worked the best for me, i already had 2 lucid dreams that way.

You have to repeatedly do reality checks when you're awake, so that you do them in your dreams too to become lucid - i had a fuckton of fingers on one hand in my dream :p In the other dream the elevator i used everyday just wouldn't stop going downwards, and the doors were open! :eek: I immediately became lucid and jumped out when an exit rushed by... it almost cut my feet off :eek:

Flying feels so awesome! I was so happy that flying was easy for me after all i've been reading on the net :D

4. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Lucid dreaming has always interested me, I gotta try this sometime.

5. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I spent my time ONCE getting the lucid dream to work.
    I succeeded. I haven't done one in a while. I should though !
    Words cannot describe what you can do when you're able to build EVERYTHING you want in real time.

6. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

^ This, you have to experience it once, as words can't nearly describe what it feels like to be able to do fucking everthing :D

7. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Personally, I LOVE the real time happenings.
    It's confusing the first time. Not everyone is used to instant thoughts being portrayed in such high detail right before your eyes for nothing but your imagination and pleasure.

It's almost ... like a dream you would never want to wake up from.