Servers updated

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod 9' started by l337Espeon, Apr 7, 2013.

1. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Valve made a huge change to HL2:DM and updated it to the new "steampipe" update, which broke some things with Gmod9. The servers will NOT show up in the "Internet" games tab anymore because of this. If you want to connect to the servers, you have to add them to your favorites and connect that way for now.

2. daunknownman2010 New Member

I know, it's old but...

Yeah sorry for kinda bumping this.

I found out how the servers could be re-listed again if you want them to!

I have tested with a command called "sv_master_legacy_mode" which if set to 0, will re-list a server back on the GMOD 9 server list.
    I have put it in like this in my gmod 9 server.cfg file:

sv_master_legacy_mode 0
    heartbeat

The reason for the heartbeat is for the server make the server visible on the list.
    Warning: It must be put in on the dedicated server, not the client! Also must be at the bottom of the cfg file at all times to work!
    Double Warning: I don't know if it will work well... Server I was hosting to test this did appear on the "internet" tab but maybe it is just because it is LAN.

EDIT: It seems it has a bad case of doing a "Your version does not match the servers. Please restart." Error if you try connect directly. You must copy the IP from server information and use the connect command in console to get around it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  3. Uragan Veteran Stalker

While your info is useful, I don't see much point in doing much to our GMod9 servers seeing as how almost no one plays them anymore. From what I've seen, pretty much everyone has moved on to either the paid version or other games.

4. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    What a coincidence

I booted it up today, all was working pretty cool. Though, Ravia Devaia contacted me, saying that his version didn't work, so I uploaded mine without mods.

We should play this again for old times and shit. Gonna be p. cool