RTV Problems...

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Liezan, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Liezan Member

So while surfing about 5 minutes ago it seems that everyone wants to RTV every map and it gets really annoying specially when your guys put in the Loot mechanisms. Just a few minutes ago we RTVed 2 maps then played through 29:13 of bano when the last RTV went through an Poof... no loot new map

Id like to suggest maybe a RTV once every other round... So if we RTV Bano we cant do it to Greatriver until its over. This would be quite great in my opinion.

Just a thought

2. DualWolf99 New Member

I feel this is a great idea, but instead of every other round you can't RTV it's with 5 minutes left on the map for the 2nd half.

3. Liezan Member

No, that would still be a problem because that will still lead to problems if we cant do every other round it should be 15:00 left in the game you cant rtv, second half

4. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I kinda think we should get rid of Sourcemod votemap and possibly RTV if we cannot fix it properly. RTV being done proper means that with enough RTVs, Sourcemod would execute a few cvars, those being:
    Code:
    mp_timelimit 8
    mp_roundtime 2
    mp_maxrounds 4
    mp_match_can_clinch 1
    mp_overtime_enable 0
    mp_startmoney 16000

After Sourcemod executes those cvars, it should execute "mp_restartgame 10".

For all those who do not understand, this would set the match time limit to 8 minutes. It would set the round time limit to 2 minutes per round. There would be four rounds and if a team wins more than two rounds, it would automatically set it as a win for said team. Overtime would be disabled so it would be very much possible to tie. All players would also start with 16000 cash so they can buy whatever they want. After RTV sets all these cvars, mp_restartgame 10 would restart the entire match with those new settings. The reason why I suggest this is because it would still potentially offer drops to those who want them and it would also allow for a quick change of a shitty map. If anybody semi-competent with Sourcemod plugins wants to do this, it would be awesome(I can't imagine something like this taking much effort). This RTV command would only work on stuff with rounds though, so if we ever went with something like deathmatch, this wouldn't work without an easy workaround.

On to the next issue, why people feel the need to RTV. I honestly believe we should make the current CSGO Surf into a strict combat surf server without stuff like skill maps for one(I love skill maps, but by the looks of it, they don't seem to be welcomed by the surf server population). If there is enough demand, I think we should replace either the armsrace or deathmatch servers with a strict skill surf server. If there is also demand for something like a surf DM(fast-paced maps, respawns, all weapons), we should also look into that too. We should also look into quality control of the maps going into CSGO surf, we can't have this shit that causes low FPS or isn't surf at all, like some of the shit we saw on CSS.

I probably made errors in this post since it's fucking 6 AM, but oh well, people should understand what I'm getting at here.

5. Liezan Member

alright so we had about 13 seconds left in Air Arena and the last rtv went through and no loot yet again, this really getting tiresome. something needs to be done

6. *sNAFU Member

Can we also fix the problem where if you are in spectate people can hear you if you talk or type.

7. DualWolf99 New Member

Admins should also have a rtv lock so people can't rtv.

8. *sNAFU Member

its called sm_cancelvote

Dont abuse it.

9. DualWolf99 New Member

OK thanks