Remaking Surf Maps

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Uragan, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Uragan Veteran Stalker

90% of the maps on the surf server right now play like shit, look like shit, and simply are shit. It doesn't help that 80% of them are just straight ports of the same shit we had in Source. Because of this, I have decided to do a little project and hopefully attempt to correct many issues with maps and possibly introduce new original content. I can't guarantee that my efforts will be successful, but I hope to at least try and improve stuff.

Anyways, enough of the bullshit you don't want to read. The first map I'm going to be reworking is great river. I already kind of have an idea as to what the remake will include, but I will be happy to take any ideas people have into consideration if you post them below.

2. *sNAFU Member

One of the great rivers on the server doesn't give a boost out of spawn in the water, idk know if that's the one your working on but i like my boost. :)

3. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I'm not really working off of a specific great river. I'm remaking the entire map. Not gonna work off of a decompiled .bsp because it's dumb and it creates performance issues.

4. Liezan Member

I hope your efforts succeed and we get some great maps that are actually playable and that are unbroken, cant wait to see when toy are done

5. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I think I actually have a good idea on how to stop spawn killing, spawn nading(to an extent), and spawn shooting. I'm actually a dick because it's going to bait people into wasting their ammo lol.

Edit:

Fuck remaking greatriver, I don't wanna add to the list of shit tons of greatriver variants. I'd rather make original content.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  6. Liezan Member

This sounds absolutely perfect get on it man! i wana see some sexy new content