Refute to Sean, obviously he doesn't want criticism...so here it goes

Discussion in 'Ban/Unban Requests' started by frogger832, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frogger832 New Member

"Then he started spawnshooting, and I gave him 4 separate warnings, more than my usual 3 because he is a pseudo-regular, and finally ended up kicking him. Of course, he rejoins, starts calling me and the server rules stupid, ranting more and more in chat, and I silence him, and he quits and rejoins to get around that, and at that point, after calling me a coward for "silencing me to avoid conflict" I just decided to ban him for a short 2 hours. The last thing he said was "This isn't over, I'm reporting you for abuse", so expect to see him in unban requests, unless he wisens up and nitices his ban is only 2 hours."

----Its funny when you accuse me of twisting and distorting the story when obviously you have done it to a full degree on this post.

1. I never did spawn shoot, unless you consider shooting the floor/impenetrable glass to be spawnshooting. I never caused an damage to any players within the 1st 10 seconds.

2. You never gave me 4 warnings. In fact, the warnings you did give were not addressed to anyone in particular. As I have said in my post above, I asked you who you were addressing the warnings to, and you never replied.

3. If you consider others calling you names to be a basis for a ban, maybe you're the one who needs to man up. People get called names all the time and people diss each other all the time, its called joking, something you obviously do not understand. Of course, you also insulted me calling me a " fat virgin" and saying that I have never left my basement.

4. When did I ever call you a coward and accused you of avoiding conflict?

5. "This isn't over, I'm reporting you for abuse" --- Why are those in quotes? I have never stated that. The exact quotation is "I'm filing a complaint against you Sean." Look it up on your console.

Yes I realize this ban is only for 2 hours, but getting unbanned is not the point here. The point is to bring your power abuse to spotlight. Maybe if someone called you out, you would probably wisen up and act like a decent admin.

2. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I'll have someone check the logs to see how things went.
    Don't start anything you two :)

3. frogger832 New Member

Sorry, yeah, I have no personal problems regarding Sean. I just want to sort this out. Thanks btw.

4. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Was another thread about the same topic really necessary?

5. frogger832 New Member

Yeah sorry about that, I didn't know any other way of getting my point across. This is the 1st time I have been on here, so I am not use to the interface.

6. Sean71596 Member

Part-time at www.templetheatre.com
    @ Frogger, I did more than one warning directed to you. I quoted directly from logs what happpened. The more you try to manipulate, the worse you are making your reputation. Your ban is over, enjoy the server, and this time around, follow the rules, or we will be at this exact spot again.

7. frogger832 New Member

Actually, carcino was just complaining about you how you were camping in sky and that you slayed others for doing the same thing. And no, I am not manipulating anything. Like Furchee said, he's going to get someone to check the logs.

8. carcinoGentecist New Member

First off, you never warned anyone at any point in time from when I was on the server.
    You took the real meaning of the rule to YOUR meaning.
    Rules are,
    No spawnshooting/killing.
    No attacking WITHIN ten seconds.
    NOT,
    No killing FROM spawn, or shooting people IN spawn.
    This isn't going from FROGGER'S ban but to the others, like weirdo.

9. frogger832 New Member

Exactly, Sean interprets the rules by himself. Shooting in spawn at the bulletproof walls or other impenetrable surfaces randomly, not aiming at or hitting anyone, does NOT go against the rules. His warnings are both vague and not directed to anyone. I was not aware I was being warned since I did not KNOW that Sean considered shooting the floor/bulletproof glass is rulebreaking behavior. When he kicked me, of course I was naturally upset, and questioned his skills regarding management, to which he silenced me. This is both dictatorial and unfair. An admin should listen to other's complaints instead of silencing them and subjecting them to his/her own interpretation of server rules.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  10. Sean71596 Member

First off, no; all the regular admins on the surf server abide by that rule, and also have a bind for it like me. Also, it doesn't even matter if you think I am interpereting them by myselfl if you took a moment to read the MOTD, containing rules (Which I am about 99% sure you didn't), in addition to the general rules, there is also one-
    All rules are subject to admin discretion.

Yes, yes it does, I have told you about glitches where it did, and about how some players shoot out, then back at the glass; it is just zero tolerance. If you play around, poking the bear, you are going to get bit, so don't try to taunt me or any other admin; let this be a lesson to you and all other player who were thinking of this - don't be the little kid who breaks small rules just to piss people off; because it works, you were not pissing only me off, other players were asking me to ban you also, to-wit I said no and only kicked you.

It shouldn't have to be directed to anyone, first off, and once I noticed it was you doing it, I warned you in person, in chat, by your name, many times.

[​IMG]

Bullshit, bullshit, and also bullshit. You know damn well the rules, I go over them at the start of almost every round, and in addition to that I gave you multiple warnings in chat, and you pretty much thumbed your nose at that, and lying about it isn't going to get your reputation cleared of anything.

You not only questioned, you continued with insults aimed at me and other players who like my admining, and I was honestly sick of it filling up the chat, and yes, I silenced you, to-wit you just left and rejoined to get around the silence to rant more, which I banned you for. On the subject of me being dictatorial, yes, sure, you can call it that; how else am I supposed to deal with banning and kicking people. And on the silence, it was actually democracy, seeing as instead of just typing !silence frogger, I went into the admin menu and ran a vote; they players silenced you, not just me.

Your ban is over, have fun on the server, and stop continuing these flame wars with your patological lies.

11. Sean71596 Member

Yes, first off, I did,
    Secondly, on the spawnshooting, the rule is, directly from my bind
    "no shooting into or out of spawns"

On the subject of Weirdo, he was ff the wall, and about 3 other players can testify to that; he was spamming the mic with extremist racist remarks, telling me and others to shut up and how the rules suck, and then he went and jumped out of spawn the next round and emptied an smg clip in the CTs general direction.

I also modified the bind at the end of greatriver to clarify, before Weirdo even joined, in essence saying that Although there is no killing anywhere on the map within first 10 seconds, and no shooting into/out of spawns period, I clarified that There should be no deaths in spawn, oftentimes, they are typing, and if they are afk, it is my job to deal with, if they are dead it is kind of hard to tell.

Furchee, would you please mind closing this thread?

12. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I'm just going to put an end to this shit storm, both of your bans have expired. If the same problem comes up again PM me or another admin of equal or higher rank.

Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.