Noob needs some help

Discussion in 'General Server Discussion' started by Madgod24, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    I was hoping someone out there could lend and answer. I have a server running on my laptop for garry's mod and people CAN join me through steam. I have my laptop set to dmz and my friends can join when i give them the ip or when they click join game in steam. However, they cannot find my server in the server list and they are the only people who have joined so i have reason to believe it is not showing up. I have my region set in the server.cfg i am using srcds and it always says connection to steam servers sucessful, why hasnt anyone new joined in the past 24 hours it has been on? I would not care if a griefer joined so i could see if it worked. I want to make a good rp server with only my trusted friends as admins to keep it fun an enjoyable for everyone.

2. Xhizors Member

Umm... So they can join by your Internet IP? But they can't see your server in Server Browser? If yes, have you tried to update all HL contents?

You can try these steps..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  3. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    i have used the update tool should i do it again? want me to overwrite files?

4. Madgod24 New Member

College Student
    I noticed i do not see anything about adding master servers but i do see connection to steam servers sucessfull. how would i add master servers manually?