Indroduction and a rant/complaint

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod 9' started by 5NIPER_WOLF, May 28, 2009.

1. 5NIPER_WOLF New Member

Esso Employee/Student/Assistant Librarian
    Hello, some of you may already know me from the GMOD 9 RolePlay server, but for those of you who don't, Hello! I only play on that server ever since I got VAC Banned from HL2 DM and since I only played RP, Co-op and puzzle servers there, I will only play those type of servers here in GMOD 9.

So in case you are wondering, I always love being a cop, not because I want to be better then everyone else but because I feel the need to keep the peace, I have previous admin/mod experience and I can't stand by watching a server being terrorised by a mingebag.

I am a 15 year old Canadian, proud member of Tech Support Forum Games Team and a great person to hang out with.

So, my rant (sort of) is that I wish the RP server could have some things fixed, like some doors be less buggy, better car support, some shops filled and working, a working subway, a less rapeage AR2, a working votekick and voteban, more than one map for the server (downtown, richlandday/night, hotelcivil) with Rock The Vote. Also, maybe add a BlackList for people boarder lining on getting banned, so that they can play, but not have weapons or whatever. I also request admins to be more active as there are daily a-holes destroying the place and since Voteban does not work it ruins things for people because if they know they can just re-join to get out of being stunned/arrested, then it makes it really hard for people to play.

Also, are you (FaceWAN) accepting any Admin positions? if so, where can I apply and what are the requirements?

So that's that, I hope we can all have fun together!
    STEAM PROFILE PAGE

2. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
  3. 5NIPER_WOLF New Member

Seriously? you have to pay? what a ripoff. Still, if I had a credit card and some money then sure I'd get Premium I guess, so it's monthly pay? no 'One Time Only' thing? that's more ripoff, but still I'd get it if I could.

So is there any way to tell if someone is an admin in-game? I mean I saw a 'Server Administrator' join the game once, but I could not see him/her.

4. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    You can tell if someone is an admin by either checking they're STEAMID against the list here, or by typing sm_who in console (I don't remember if I made it an admin only command.)

Now about the bit about paying for admin. It's money that goes to maintain the server, for upgrades, or for things like keeping these forums which have to be licensed, and server software.

5. Ownage Administrator

It is a admin only command.

6. Ownage Administrator

Quit being cheap. The server would not be here if we did not pay for something. You said that you always want to be a cop and keep the peace. Well throw down some dough and play the role. :D

7. 5NIPER_WOLF New Member

I said twice that I would if I COULD! but I can't because I don't have a credit card, I don't have the money, and my mom will never pay for something like this.