Ideas for new RP mod: Licenses

Discussion in 'Role Play Servers' started by BrambleG, Aug 7, 2010.

1. BrambleG Member

I have some ideas for the new RP mod, if it's still being developed. There is already a license dealer NPC in the new mod, however there are only 2 licenses available I have some suggestions for new licenses that might help to improve the RP. Licenses should be saved permanently, like the money stored inside the bank. Here are some suggestions:

GUN LICENSE
    This license will cost a fair amount of money, perhaps a couple of thousand dollars. You are unable to buy guns from the gun dealer NPC until you buy this licence. This will stop noobs from buying guns and running rampage with them, as only somebody who has played the server long enough to get enough money will be able to use guns.

RESTAURANT/FOOD/ALCOHOL LICENSE
    This license is fairly cheap license to buy. You present this license to a cop so that you are legally allowed to sell Food or alcohol. Also, owning this license will allow you to spawn food objects (at a small price, smaller than the food NPC). This means that it is more realistic as in real life you need alicense to sell alcohol or serve food.

DRIVING LICENSE
    This license is quite cheap too. It allows you to buy cars. Simple enough.

I think it would be cool to have these licenses, and it would also improve the RP on the server.

2. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    Also different kind of gun licenses, like class A, B, C and D licenses.

A = Pistol

B = Carry license for pistol

C = Medium firearms

D = Heavy firearm(s) + Medium firearms carry license

(B, )C & D can only be given by admins with the correct access

3. TheAngrySniper Member

Reserves
    I think this is a Good Idea, Now we sill not have people joining the server for the first time, then waltzing around and shooting all over the place.

4. BrambleG Member

I see good points and bad points with Mathy's idea of Gun License classes. The good thing is that it will almost definitely stop DMing. However, sometimes there are almost no admins on the server at all for months (There was not many online between February-April) and then nobody would hae guns, and also it would ruin business for gun dealers (like me)

5. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    Then I shall change it to this:

Admins can give licenses, but people with the right access, too.

6. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    Like gundealers.

7. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    olol triple post.

8. BrambleG Member

So, you mean that only admins and designated gundealers (designated by admins) could give gun licenses? I think that would work very well, if it is possible to implement. Another idea for a license:

MEDICAL LICENSE
    This one is fairly cheap, but so that it is not overpowered, you lose it after the server crashes or changes map (like the current inventory) If you own this license, you are legally allowed to administer first-aid to people, so you can be a doctor. With this license you can heal people (it should have a limit, like it drains energy or cash or something). This means that people can actually be doctors/nurses.

9. Kaasu New Member

I agree with BrambleG, that would be good but i still like normal hospital like in oviscity you get all you need form there, heal and armor :)

10. BrambleG Member

True. But the main goal (although limited by gmod's limitations), is to make RP as realistic as possible. Ande think about it, in real life do you walk into a hospital and take a first aid kit, patch yourself up and leave?