I been thinking...

Discussion in 'Role Play Servers' started by BrambleG, Feb 11, 2011.

1. BrambleG Member

As you all know by now, gmod 9's servers are dead, with the build server getting perhaps 1 or 2 players a day and even less on the RP server. I noticed tat people stopped playing shortly after admins stopped playing, because without admins the server is havoc. I miss gmod 9 RP very much, due to the smplicity of it and the fun that admins can create. So I've been thinking. DOes anybody else feel the same way? I think that if some old players an admins are willing return sometime and create events, some players may catch on and join too, and we could breathe a little life into the classic game. What do you guys think?

2. TheAngrySniper Member

Reserves
    Yes.

10char.

3. Mr.Wolf Member

I'm with this idea, I miss gmod 9 alot. Like bramble said, it brings back memories of how simple the RP was, but how much fun we had. We should all try to join a gmod9 server in the future for a re-union type thing.

4. nickmanyuiop New Member

agreed

ya i agree :) and maps that dont lag on old computers like fy_iceworld and crackhouse types of maps that DONT LAG!!!

5. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I also agree, I had some fun experiences on the old Garry's Mod 9 roleplay server. Garry's Mod 9 roleplay was so simple but very fun.

6. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    I think this is a good idea, the servers are still up and running, all they need is some population and a few admins on. Gmod9 took quite a hit when the updates broke dedicated servers and we were the only ones with actual servers left.

7. TheAngrySniper Member

Reserves
    I remember the good old days of Buying an SMG and a Jeep for an infinite ammo supply, Then I would cruise around town as a Security Guard.

8. BrambleG Member

Or owning a gun shop and selling admin-spawned RPGs for $5000. Man, I really wish I had taken screenshots of stuff.
    On-topic though, I think we should do what Bill/coolpoof said and have a re-union type event. It doesn't take much to get an event started as long as players get on with their business and admins make random stuff. It seems like there could possibly be enough people who want to play again that it would be worth re-installing gmod.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  9. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Anyone want to hang out on the RP server today? I've got quite a bit of free time.