Help me on feedback!

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Infinity39, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Just like the title of this thread says, I need help from you people telling me how the quality of this video is, that I just uploaded yesterday.
    The file was around 600mb so it took about 2 hours for me to upload with my shitey connection.
    Rendering was done with Adobe After Effects.
    And yes, I'm as suprised as you are seeing a 7950 dip down to mid 40's on a game like this, guess that's because it runs on the same engine as BF3.

Here's the video: (Make sure to watch in 1080p)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  2. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Holy shit those graphics :eek:
    I see a lot of JPEG-like compression artifacts though - but less compressed videos would take even longer to upload of course.

How does one upload a video where you can choose the 'original' quality setting anyways?
    I always wondered on what youtube does internally with the videos? Just conversion to FLV and MP4 with pre-defined bandwith and resolution settings, no matter what the input file is, or something more complex? Maybe you can even upload some formats without your input file getting compressed a 2nd time?

Edit:

Oh and please please tell me the song name :3

3. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Don't know much about the "Original" quality. I guess that's for people using like 2000$ cameras. As for the artifacts, yeah.. I will try to talk to my ISP about my upload speed so next time I can render it to be like 1,2 GB in size instead of 600 so it would look better. I compressed the 2,1 GB .avi file into a 600mb .mp4 file which is better than having to wait eight hours instead of two. The song name is "Pendulum - Showdown"

4. BodomChild666 Member

Banning stupid rule breaking fucks.
    Re-rendering something is always a pain in the ass.. However, I use Sony Vegas 11 for my videos. I'd have to say you did a good job, my ISP greatly limits my uploading speed so when i did the CS:GO Youtube channel I compressed the shit outta them and still ended up with okay looking videos.
    Now, I don't really compress them at all, I use my school to upload as their upload speed is uncapped and easily hits 1.5mb/s. School is out for the summer though, so no uploading for me ;P
    Though, the bit shift nafrayu is talking about is almost impossible to avoid on Youtube, I've had ~4GB uncompressed videos uploaded and they've still managed to get some bit sift.
    This is just because youtube isn't playing your original video file its converted over to a .flv and knowing Google it's done the fastest and cheapest way possible.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  5. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    So youtube is youtube no matter what.
    I'll try to upload more videos of just random shit really, since I can render with Adobe AE with nice quality.

6. BodomChild666 Member

Banning stupid rule breaking fucks.
    Uncompressed fraps video files are about the only thing that stays close to the same quality.. But they're ~4GB for ~3mins soooo.. It's not really worth it, plus the videos are in 4 minute parts.

7. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I've always found the airbourne to land connection rather stupid in racing games. You'd think the mass of the car smacking back down against the pavement would have some sort of speed reduction effect... :3

8. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    It's just a game, but yeah it is sort of stupid.