Freak OUT!

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by ShamWOW!!!, Aug 5, 2009.

1. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    Man my first day of school starts in like 30 minutes and I am freaking out:eek: I havent been to school in 5 years and it is going to be tough I think. I'm taking math 101, Eng 101, Comp application:rolleyes:, and Success Management. My freaking books havent even shown up at my house yet....but my counselor is so sure that I got the pell grant he had me order books anyway and charge them to the school. Ugh...

2. Mei Member

2nd yr Psychology uni student
    Wow. I can see why you are nervous! I get nervous each term I have to go back to uni!!!
    No books? Time to hit the library and start borrowing, my friend!

3. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Ugh, don't remind me, I got classes starting soon too.

4. Mei Member

Term time in america seems to be very different to the british term times... You guys are going to class now - but I'm on summer holiday which for a uni student, is like 4 months of no school...

5. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    I Got my books! hooray. and yeah school starts earlier and earlier each year here i remember when I was a little kid I used to get mad cause I couldn't have a birthday party at school cuz school started in September and my birthday was in the beginning of August....now the high school here starts 2 days after my birthday, summer is getting shorter....fukin bureaucrats:(:):confused:

6. Ownage Administrator

Skool is for foools... :D I am just joking, I was thinking of going and getting a gaming engineer or some sort of computer engineer degree. Or a automotive degree of some sort seeing how I am a mechanic. I dunno, good luck sham.

7. Sharigan Administratorz Staff Member

Lol Sham, you should of taken less classes if it's your first time back in 5 years. Last time I was in a class was 3 months ago and I am only taking one this fall term. :p Yep..just chip away at the degree..piece by piece.

8. Mei Member

wow so early! our term times start in late september early october and end by late may....

1 class?? I had to do 8 different classes this year at uni... had 8 exams at the end of the last term... I almost died studying for them! for some odd reason, psychology degree at the uni I'm at had the most exams... everyone else had 4-6.

9. Sharigan Administratorz Staff Member

Yeah..I don't want to put to much stress on myself lol. One class is good enough for me now..plus I have to work to pay for it, so it aint cheap.

10. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    I was actually expecting to take 6 this term, and I figures what the hell I have nothing to do all day except make sure my animals don't die....might as well do a lot of school. This way I can get five years of college done in three, which also means I will graduate while I am still in my twenties :D Thank God!

11. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    Ownage your a mechanic? I did not know that. Dr. Pro was a fucking genius in school, especially when it came to Math, and Science. Everyone in my family was hoping he would be an engineer( and me a fighter pilot:D) He worked as a mechanic for my father for a few years, was really good at it too. He specialized in VW, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, and Porsche. I could never do that....it's not the knowledge or work, I just couldn't have a guy standing there watching me as I work on his 100,000 dollar car :). What do you work on?

12. Mei Member

I have to pay for mine too... but I think UK is a bit friendlier with fees - I just took out a humungous student loan for it - parents offered to pay but I didn't accept.

5 years of work done in 3? sounds good! whoa, your brother is quite cool! and sounds really clever! I know what you mean, I don't think I can handle fixing a car that costs alot... I'm more likely to wreck it then fix it though!!!

How did your classes go? not nervous anymore, I hope!

13. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    Classes were fine but I'm still nervous lol. It is amazing I will be 25 on Saturday, and I am pretty sure I am the youngest guy in all my classes :confused: My brother is giving me shit because he thinks that I am a sellout and college is going to screw up my ideals....probably because my first discussion was to let them know how i felt about people who pirate stuff off the internet. I am embarrassed to say that I jumped on the bandwagon and agreed that pirating is wrong. I probably should have spent some time and put together a well articulated argument and debated the status quo just to rip up the establishment.......lol but maybe I will wait till the second day :D

14. Mei Member

25 on Saturday? My older brother's birthday is on saturday too!

lol! don't let your brother give you shit, jumping on the band wagon happens more often then people want it to (Asch's conformity experiments), so don't feel embarrassed... it's probably a survival instinct. And it was your first day!
    Do your classes include loads of debating? Mine are all lectures (which works fine for me, seeing as I'm too shy to speak)

15. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    Yeah, but they don't call it debating they call it "discussion" it is kinda weird:confused: Good news though, my pell grant came through today :D the only probably is it wont cover 4 classes a term just three....so I need to drop one of them or pay $115 bucks a month for them all. I think I am going to drop the success management class, because that doesn't even seem like a real class. sucks though I already have the book lol:)

16. Ownage Administrator

I am a mechanic for UPS. I work on all of the lovely brown UPS trucks. :D

17. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    hey that is pretty cool, you don't have to wear the shorts right?:p

18. Mei Member

oh... sell the book and get some money back... lol.

*googles UPS shorts* Oh.... terrible fashion!!!!

19. ShamWOW!!! Member

Household Item
    Ah hell!!!

Well, I have already screwed up at school:mad: I wasn't able to get my assignment done in my computer class. My brother and I have been building this computer for myself for the last week for school. I got this program Microsoft Office to do my computer classes on. I went to install it before my class tonight, I had like three hours to do this two page assignment on office but it wouldnt let me install it because it requires service pack 2 and I only have sp1. So I went to the website to get sp3 and it is taking like three hours to download. FUCK IT"S ONLY THE FIRST WEEK!!!!!!!! well i got to write my professor an email telling him what an idiot I am......:(

20. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Still using SP1? That's quite risky these days. You'll probably notice a bit of a speed boost when you install SP3.