Csgo competative 5v5?

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Foxy, May 9, 2015.

?

Would you play on a facewan csgo 5v5 sever if you could?

Poll closed Feb 10, 2017.
  1. Yes.

80.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lets keep an empty server with a password just in case people want to use it

20.0%
  1. Foxy New Member

Nothing
    Update- Poinless post now because my ideas always have to be shut down by furchee for some reasons.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

No.
    And before you ask why, "i know i can not be abused by admins" is all I need to quote.
    Ignoring your obnoxious grammar, I see nothing in your thoughts that would actually benefit the server (populating it) besides removing it's password.
    The server was created ONLY for FaceWAN members and with that to get better at the game and maybe learn maps better.
    What you're suggesting here is casual server with a competitive config. A casual server HAS existed in the past and rarely had any players on it.

3. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Are you drunk ? I don't remember your sentences being this bad.
    As for the vote, I cannot vote. What I've said above and what my opinion is doesn't fit in a yes or no answer. If I vote yes it's pointless since I do already play on there (all be it rarely) and if I vote no it still makes no sense.
    If I apply what you said above it's no longer a competitive but a casual server.

4. Uragan Veteran Stalker

If you want to get technical, it will become a casual server with competitive rules if players have the ability to drop in and out whenever they want. As for whether this is a good idea or not, I can't see it necessarily hurting the server since it doesn't get any use anyways. I haven't really seen any people going there to practice and events always failed because people said they would come and then they would just fuck off at the time of the event.

5. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I'm not going to bother continuing this (length wise anyway), you give me way too much ammunition. You're also not the first or only person I've made fun of for their terrible grammar. That's the American school system for you I guess.
    If I come across as a bully I apologize, however you could always take it into consideration to MAYBE teach yourself rather than ignore it. Anyone slightly more educated cringes at the sigh. I mean god forbid your employer asks you to write up something...
    As for the "sever" ... why not rent a box someplace and make yourself a server ? Hell why not host it on your local computer ? It isn't difficult.
    If you're just looking to play competitively with friends, go for that solution.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  6. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Things that I think should be asked/said:

Why do we need a knife plugin?
    Why do fake MM ranks/coins/badges need to be displayed?
    Why do we need admin see all for a competitive server?
    Votekick is a disaster 90% of the time when pubbers have access to it. If this server truly gets activity, there will be moderators watching.
    If you want a competitive configuration, friendly fire should always be on. People who abuse it get banned, there is no reason to disable something that is pretty important in competitive.

Now onto the part that is really important, will 128 tick actually be worth it in the long run? There are dozens of people who believe that 128 tick will magically solve all problems, but they don't realize that it requires players to have a stable minimum of 128 FPS. This is actually one of the main reasons why Valve has not made MM servers 128 tick, the majority of CSGO players cannot even manage a solid 60 FPS. Now I am not saying I am against 128 tick, but I am rather skeptical of whether the players who join the servers can pull over 128 FPS on average.

7. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Let's just scrap the idea of the knife and fake rank plugins. They don't have much practical use which is what should be our main focus here. Maybe in the future it can be added, but at the moment, I see no point. As for admin see all, I still really don't see the point as there really won't be anything special in chat that is absolutely ban-worthy. If there is, the logs can always be checked.
    We can skip votekick entirely since that has already been settled. Team damage can be dealt with by admins or it can be dealt with by an auto-ban; either way, it's not that much of a concern to me.

I'll just let Espeon reply when it comes to the tickrate issue.

8. Gilbert New Member

I'm down