Counter-Strike: Source Surf Rules

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Source Servers' started by Uragan, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Counter-Strike: Source Surf Rules
    Because you idiots constantly argue about this bullshit

Rule One - No Spawn Killing/Spawn Nading/Spawn Shooting
    This rule means that you cannot kill people who are in spawn or on the first ramp in the first ten seconds on the round. It also means you cannot throw any grenade out of spawn in the first ten seconds unless it is smoke. Spawn Shooting is when you shoot out of spawn at an enemy in the first ten seconds.

Rule Two - No Excessive Camping

This rule essentially means that you cannot camp in one spot or a general area for over 15 seconds. This is because the server is about surfing; if you're too stupid to understand that, you shouldn't be playing on the server. Camping a planted bomb as a terrorist is allowed as it is the objective.

Rule Three - No Hacking/Cheating/Exploiting

Using cheats, hacks, or exploits to your advantage will get you banned pretty fast. This does NOT include quick switching with sniper rifles. However, it does include reconnecting to the server to respawn after death. Exploiting also includes falling into jail or into an area with spawn protection and attacking people. Do not try to debate this unless you feel like getting a fun vacation. Note: Team killing with certain map elements is NOT against the rules.

Rule Four - No Flaming

Do not flame other players or administrators on the server. It will get you a fun ban because we don't like assholes on our servers. If you are going to be in the FaceWAN community or play on our servers, you need to be respectful.

If you are unsure what flaming is or isn't, refer to the section at the bottom.

Rule Five - No Ghosting

Do not ghost on the surf server. I thought this was common sense but no, apparently some of the cool down-syndrome kids felt like breaking it anyways and arguing. Doing this will get you banned, have fun.

Rule Six - Use Common Sense

I know this is hard for many of you but not using it will result in a ban. If something is usually against the rules on other servers or is very questionable, you should either not do it or ask an admin first.

What Is Flaming?

It is HIGHLY recommended that you read this section. It explains what flaming is and what can be punished for.

Basic Disrespect - Basic disrespect is just small name-calling that doesn't hurt anyone unless they are a pussy. If you need to tell the difference between basic and flaming, just ask yourself this: is it a bad personal attack towards my life or status? If not, just ignore the guy.

Bad Disrespect/Flaming - If someone is personally attacking you or another player, they can be banned for a long time. We only want a friendly environment and getting in the way of that is a problem.

Personal Information - If someone is spreading personal information of a player they can be permanently banned. This will NOT be tolerated ever in this community. Just confirm that the personal information being spread is unwanted though.

Trolling - Trolling can be bannable if they are trolling without the intent to actually play the game. If you are not on the server to play the game properly, you can go away. If you are trolling and it isn't annoying people though, regardless of the first part, it doesn't matter.

Debates - Keep debates on the server friendly; if an admin bans incorrectly because they are losing a debate, post a thread here or contact a high admin. If your case is good, the admin who banned you will be losing the debate in the form of a permanent ban.

Racism - It's not against the rules unless it falls under personal attacks.

The End

The reason I made this is because people always feel like arguing and they always have the excuse: "IT'S NOT ON THE MoTD OR FORUMS SO I CAN DO IT. " Well I have a reply to those people: "Fuck off and have fun with your ban."

If people have questions, PM me.
    If you have complaints, PM me or fuck off.
    If you have suggestions to add on to the rules, PM me.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Added some info on flaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.