Admin Shortage?

Discussion in 'Role Play Servers' started by hyperfang, Jul 16, 2009.

1. hyperfang New Member

hey there i've been playing this server for maybe a week and i've noticed in that week only ONE admin has been on the entire time!! this is really pissing me off because of these 7 year olds joining and breaking the rules. When the cops do deal with it. THEY DO IT AGAIN!!! over and over again just to ruin the rp server. Also when they are put in jail they kill themselves to get out of it and do it again. ALSO when we try votekicking the person, they leave and come back to avoid it. We need more admins in that server. I've noticed that you must have about 20 admins. and not on of them friggen goes on the server!! please fix this so they can watch and ban little nublet 7 year olds!!!:mad:

2. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    When people start acting up, report them here: https://eevee.facewan.com/bans/index.php?p=submit and something will be done about it.

3. hyperfang New Member

yeah only problem with that is. It wont ban them immediately. they will still bother us in-game for the remainder of the time until the ban kicks in. Unless your ban system works so fast in the blink of an eye. I'd prefer an admin in there. I'm not going to spend ALL my time reporting people when you could just as easily right there in 10 seconds ban the person or kick. It's YOUR server, I shouldn't have to waste my time on this childish nonsense. All i want is to play an rp server fairly without any kids bothering me and messing it up. And when they do i gotta minimize and open up firefox then get the website up and waste my time reporting one kid. no no seeing as you have 20 admins you should have at least 1 be able to play in the server. someone who actually likes rp mods. this is rediculous.

4. smiffy Member

High School Junior
    Really, I don't see the point in RP, but it appears to me that the admins don't find RP appealing. Personally it's confusing to me.

I wouldn't complain. Yea it may take at least a day, but at least it's not a week. Sometimes having the report thread is good instead of having a real admin having to watch the server all the time.

Bottom line: just report them. Saves a lot of time and energy if you report them instead of making rants about how there are no admins present in the server.

Also, it's called windowed mode. Use it if you don't want to minimize.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  5. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

... I don't have time to sit in the server and babysit, I've done it many times in the past and it's a waste of my time. Admins can't be on 24/7, they have lives too. The least you can do is report them. I'm working with DrogenViech to put a !report function in the server. (there may already be one.) This will allow you to report people in game without needing to go out of the game.

6. Sharigan Administratorz Staff Member

Anyway to make that function send an email of the report to admins? That way we can connect to the server if we are available.

7. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

I know there was some lua code to send email using SMTP, but DrogenViech would know all about that.

8. Sharigan Administratorz Staff Member

Well, if drogen could make something like that for the servers it would be cool. Often times I am at my desk, just not on the servers.