A few years past..

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod 9' started by Mayday, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Mayday New Member

My dear old friends, it hath been too long.

Those of you who remember me as paid admin "Fig Newton" may still cringe at the memories of me entering the public Gmod 9 FaceWAN server. I have come to leave a long-overdue apology. Specifically to Espeon, and the other long time members who had to put up with my actions.

To put it simply, I had been a total douchebag a few years ago. From crashing the server a few dozen times with nuclear weaponry to messing with peoples creations. Back when I did not understand the meaning of Gmod fully. I had first started Gmod back in 2008, where I had entered the FaceWAN server under "Mingebag". And was kindly told to change my name.

It was more of a confused upbringing into PC gaming in general. Maybe a day and a half since my first entrance to the server I had asked my mother about paid admin. She liked the idea of me becoming an administrator, thought of it as a good skill to have. So not far from my first confused inception into the PC gaming world had I become someone with too much power for my ever-developing mind.

I was unruly and jerky, started fights with regulars just because they didn't like my actions. I understand that it's not good to dwell over such a memory from a rather unconscious part of my childhood. And I understand that I still have a ways to grow before I do have a "full" conscious.

I would just like to relieve that dwelling memory as I feel that 3 years has had a decent impact on my young mind. Considering adolescence, puberty and what have you.. I now feel that it is appropriate to apologize.

And maybe you can find it in your hearts to forgive me now, as I have much more consideration and ability now than I did 3 years and 1500 Gmod hours ago.

My deepest apologies, ;)
    Your old "friend" - Fig Newton (Music Mayday, no.1_Mayday)

2. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Not many people come here to apologize, it's cool of you to actually come back after 3 or so years and post an apology to everyone, it shows a lot of maturity. I've done some stupid things as well when I was younger that I look back on and realize that I matured past that.

A lot of things have changed with FaceWAN since then and the community has branched out into other games like CS:S, check out the servers if you want.

3. Mayday New Member

Thank you for that, I wasn't expecting much understanding actually.
    I tried adding you again too, but that request got me blocked.