The Greatriver Problem

Discussion in 'General Server Discussion' started by Microsoft Infopath, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Microsoft Infopath New Member

Greatriver is an older map on this server, and I get that a lot of people really like it and have been playing on it for years. But at this point, greatriver had become the Dust2 of CSGO Surf. It's voted for over and over again, and the server can be locked on it most of the time because there are 3 versions of it in the rotation pool.

I also understand why we have 3 of them, as even the most subtle differences in a map can make people hate certain versions of it (example: not every Greatriver has Novas on the far platform). At the same time, I'm sure there are people that just vote for whatever Greatriver is avalible.

I personally hate Greatriver, and many others agree with this opinion. People like me would like to see a solution to this "Greatriver Problem", where a map we dislike is forced upon us over and over again. I have a few solutions.

1: A dedicated Greatriver server. This way, anyone who wants to play on it can and those who don't don't have to

2: Take a vote for the most popular Greatriver, and have only that in the rotation. This is the simplest option.

3: Design a custom vote system where every Greatriver map is given a "recently played" cooldown when only one is played. This would probably be impossible.

Thanks and please consider what I've said.

2. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

We'll just have two versions removed and call it a day.
    Honestly you aren't the first person to voice their opinion on horribly overplayed shitty maps. (I do this quite often and I'm sure half the server is aware of that by now.)
    I'll forward this to Espeon and we'll discuss which version will stay and which will be removed.

3. Microsoft Infopath New Member

Thank you! Very much apreciated.

matthaios likes this.