FIX/REMOVE BHOP

Discussion in 'General Server Discussion' started by HellBound, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. HellBound New Member

Bhop plugin is shit after 5-10 bhops if you try to surf you will just stop moving and fall down to your death, or you have to land and completely stop moving in order to reset it and be able to move normally again, and if you fall and get teleported anywhere like jail, whenever you jump you will automatically go to the bhop velocity limit which is around 430 velocity so if you bhop you will start with at max bhop velocity. Whenever this happens if you do as little as 2 bhops, surfing will continue to be broken. Also i haven't figured out what triggers this to end, so i've been stuck in this loop of broken bhop and broken surf for around a minute while testing it.

This is a video showing how it works, or rather how it doesn't work

2. Nippyz New Member

The bhop fucking brocken pls fix it that suck a lot

3. CloudMeister New Member

Student
    Would it be possible for it to only make the first jump auto? (so people can take their retain their speed after taking teleporters/ picking up weapons)

4. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

As it stands, this is how it works:

After 260 velocity (slightly over running speed) it starts counting every hop you make. The current max value is four (4) and has always been so.
    Any jump past that number is being THROTTLED (Usually results in 450ish velocity or less) and will continue to do so EVEN WHEN ON A RAMP until the plugin detects you are back to below 260.

I have never had this issue happen to me and I believe I know why it doesn't.
    You have to understand that the plugin is actually performing the way it's supposed to.
    You are NOT meant to bhop past 4 hops (the fourth/fifth will apply the throttle) and if you jump onto a ramp while that throttle is active it still has to slow you down as PUNISHMENT for going OVER THE MAX HOP LIMIT.
    Another possible reason to this is that when you surf, there are mapping/clipping errors you do not see. This is a common source engine issue where it will sometimes detect level ground (even if you don't appear to see it) and the plugin probably counts that as a hop if you happen to be holding space while surfing.
    Holding space while surfing is a stupid thing to do and I always discourage this.

What I will do is revert the punishment back to a full halt (setting your velocity back to 0) after the max hop limit since you people are clearly too stupid to understand something this simple.

Everyone wanted this and you still aren't satisfied.
    >Give me autobhop they said
    >Don't give me bhops, that will just result in extended stupid rounds and people hopping everywhere they said
    >Don't make it stop me after the 4th hop, just have it slow me down they said

I can't please all of you.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  5. HellBound New Member

If you want to please as many people as possible why not just have a server wide vote on how bhop is configured, anyone that matters on the server will leave it at that after fairly having their voices heard. I know i would stop bitching if i knew that the majority of people wanted it a certain way.

6. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

People that actually care have already written me on discord on the subject and those people now seem pleased.
    A server wide vote means literal shit because people just slap a random number (usually 1).

7. HellBound New Member

i don't mean actually on the server that would be stupid, you should post a thread, and leave it open for a week and link it on the server so anyone who decides not to vote cant say shit

8. Nippyz New Member

i mean the bhop brocken some "mapping/clipping errors you do not see." was not present before the appearance of the bhop set up there is this time that I am new on the servers but rest I prefer that it does not have AutoHop or a normal cert most part vote 1 but you can do anything that lasts 1 week or 2 of the kind you warn the player in advance because the 5 vote that I saw on the server did not mean anything and was useless so I know it's hard to please everyone but people who do not like the principle of autohop can continue to use the normal bhop just this bhop does not work visibly for the time that was thrown on the server everyone said that the bhop was broken and the bhop suckand that the admins had to do it so the people who ask it probably did not meet the same bug as us because it's really boring I guess that can be whatever nobody likes the bhop acctuelle but most of them find that boring

Thx

- Nippyz

9. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Literally what the fuck are you on about ? That is actually very hard to read.
    Oh and no reason to sign it, your username is literally right fucking next to the text.

We've done this before and it's never worked properly. Hell if you are so dedicated I say feel free to make it yourself.
    Please though, if you do decide to do so, make sure the options are well explained and that there is plenty of them.
    Such as!

-auto with full velocity punishment (speed set to 0)
    -auto with mild velocity punishment (speed throttled)
    -auto with other amount of hops ?
    -no hops at all
    -full auto bhops (limitless ?)**
    -hops allowed but aren't auto (enabled but not auto) --this is how it was prior to the plugin**
    -hops allowed but aren't auto (but are maybe still limited using the plugin ?)**

Please also take into consideration that all options ticked with ** mean that scripts can still be used by players and imposes a risk of running into those kinds of players.

10. HellBound New Member

If i do it, can you use the same plugin that warns everyone about camping to link it in chat? I think thats the only good way to let people know about it

11. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

No one ever reads those but hey I mean if you really want ?
    I'd ask Espeon though since he's generally in charge when it comes to the advertisements and such.