Ongoing site updates

Discussion in 'News/Updates' started by l337Espeon, Dec 5, 2016.

1. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Over the past few months, I updated all the old site code (terrible PHP from 2006), and have been working on a new admin panel, which is 90% done. While most of you are thinking "hey, I don't see any of these changes", it hasn't changed the look of the site yet, but has allowed me to create things like a better admin linker, site templates that can easily be updated, and a nice admin panel (with cool features.) The main website can now get a much needed updated look without having to deal with PHP code, as everything is now in an HTML template. For those that are good at designing website templates and are interested in helping design a new look for the site, reply in this thread.

PS: Sorry for those random announcements posted here yesterday and today, I added in code to post in Discord under the #announcements channel when a new thread is posted here.

To give you an idea of what I've been working on, here are some screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

It looks glorious.

3. Bflatmusic Member

Video Producer & Web Developer
    I will help however I can with the design. I have never designed around an existing website however. Let me know what I can do and I will make time.

4. Bflatmusic Member

I did work with this site like 6 months ago when we first talked about this. I can pull the files down and switch them over if you want. I also have a rough logo somewhere on my computer....

https://lucash.smtchs.org/Stuff/FaceWAN Test/

5. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

What are the arrows for ? I mean what is it you would be scrolling between ?
    Also you better get rid of that fucking ski2 image or I will end you.

6. Bflatmusic Member

The arrows change the background. Normally, there is text on top, but due to the lack of content, I didn't put anything there. It is just a rough mockup so it can all change. A hero image is just kind of "in" at the moment and could really be filled with anything.