Mic Users.

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Liezan, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Liezan Member

So ive been playing on Facewan servers for along time and there is always one thing that makes the game less enjoyable for everyone and its been the squeakers, or high voiced boys using microphones, saying stupid thing talking really loud or being a complete and udder idiot and it ruins the game in my opinion. I would love to see a rule possibly put in place stating " acting chilish or speaking with a high voice is unacceptable" its a far fetched thought but you know i dont want to have to go in the server every single time and Re-mute a player because of how annoying they are, its a hassle.

What im asking here is if we can get a rule in place that doesnt allow anyone with a high voice to speak on a mic.

2. Uragan Veteran Stalker

You don't need to remute someone every time you enter a game, you can open the scoreboard, enable cursor, click on their profile, and block communication. You won't hear them and you won't really see what they're typing, but hey, if they were being stupid, who cares if you can't read their stupid shit as well?

As for an actual rule to prevent kids from speaking over the microphone, I'd say no. Not all kids are dumb and/or annoying while using their mic. I don't think it's fair to have a kid muted even if he is following rules and is acting respectful over voice chat. If someone is really fucking annoying to everyone on the server though, I wouldn't say no to an admin muting them; that goes for both kids and older players.

nafrayu likes this.
  3. Liezan Member

I can see your reasoning upon all of this and I think people that are trusted and regular players throughout FaceWan servers should have the ability to mute/gag people only for the reason that most admins are never on the servers. Because there are alot of times when there are no admins online or on the server and they end up annoying the entire server over and over... Its just a suggestion

4. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Not to come as a backstabbing dick here but, from previous events and such I can't really see how we're supposed to "trust" you.
    Now if this wasn't a suggestion only for yourself but others as well then I don't really know how that'd go.
    We need paid admins even though everyone and myself included hates it because it keeps the servers up and going because you know it actually costs a lot of money to run.
    Also, why not just report all of these people? Sure it would take time for them to get banned but at least we can sort them out one by one, since it's obviously hell of a lot better than sitting here in the forums complaining about something that'd take even longer to achieve.
    If you'd take the time to report who did what with valid proof, granted you're on the IQ level enough to take a screenshot, console/chat log or a demo with their Steam ID, then I'd take the time to ban or warn them so that we can keep the server clean.

5. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    CS:S was like this as well, even more so when the server was based in Cali. We tried a !votemute command before and it got abused more than I ever could have imagined. Reporting seems to be the best solution at this point.

nafrayu likes this.
  6. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I thought shit like votemute and votekick were around when we still were running the servers on the 208 IP box. Those were fucking dark times with all the Russians invading surf and shit.

Edit:

Oh wait never mind, misread what you said.

7. Liezan Member

Now Infinity, I never said ME... i said it should be given to users who play daily on the server and dont abuse i thought it would have been very clear i was not leaning near me getting the ability myself, as ive shown before i did get alittle power crazy and banned for repeat offences too much and im not the best admin in the world. As i was saying we need People, not me, People that Espeon and other admins trust enough and are on long enough to be given the commands to mute and gag. And as for reporting again its annoying to find their IP and such and then report them, specially if there is a ton of people doing it. Like i said it was only a suggestion nothing more.

8. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I guess today the higher-ups and super mods will have time to discuss increasing the amount of moderation on the CSGO servers. Hopefully we can come up with a solution that ends with CSGO being moderated a lot more.

9. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    So what you're telling me is that you can't be arsed to type "status" in console or take screenshots and neither can you record a demo while you play?
    Laziness has taken it's toll on you if that's what you're saying.
    What are you going to do when people rejoin after a mute? "Oh let me just go on forums and ask for ban permissions now, because you know.. Reporting is annoying"
    Hate to say it but, that's exactly what you just said.

10. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I hate to be "that guy", but it isn't the players' fault for having a bunch of rulebreakers and overall shitty people on the CSGO server. We need to have admins actively watching over the servers, we can't just rely on player reports to get the job done all the time. The players aren't the lazy ones, the admins are, myself included. Our job is to keep the servers running well and the players happy; with the amount of reports we get of stupid shit in the servers, it's very much evident that we aren't doing our job very well. Overall, we need to work out issues with inactive admins and getting new admins on the list today.

11. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Good to see that we'll never ban people based on their voice alone, i'd rather leave facewan than do that. Not all 15 year olds are retards.

Anyways, how about a plugin that sends reports to an instant messenger groupchat as soon as someone types /calladmin in ingame chat?
    I have seen that on battlefield 4 servers recently iirc

I always wanted to make a plugin like that back when everyone still used ICQ, but i didn't know how the protocol worked lol

12. *sNAFU Member

That sounds like it would be a good idea to this problem, and i think their is a plugin kind of like that already.

13. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

It would be even better if it can send Steam messages, I have the steam chat bot we can mess around with and relay it messages to send admins.

nafrayu likes this.
  14. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

The chatbot is written in C# i guess? Atleast that's what i've seen all steam chatbots written in. Getting that to talk to sourcemod would be kinda hard for me as i don't know C# :(

15. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

I already have the chatbot sending rcon messages to a server and sending back output to chat.

nafrayu likes this.
  16. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

That gave me a really simple idea - i can just create a variable that contains the latest player report, and you keep grabbing it with your bot - everytime you grab it you just set it to an empty string again immediately after.

So all you need to do is send rcon sm_calladmin_temp;sm_calladmin_temp "" to 'eat' the report and display it in the steam chat.

Edit: simplified the command even further

We'll have to agree on a period between grabbing and setting though... like allowing !calladmin once every 4 seconds, and you grab it every 3 seconds so none get lost?