Name Origins

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by PHot0N m4N, Feb 5, 2014.

1. PHot0N m4N Member

Bum
    Well Iv'e been at FaceWAN for some time now, and in my time Iv'e seen some unorthodox names. (RainbowSparkleFarts, etc.)

I'd just like to know where everyone gets their origin and name from.

Myself, Photon Man comes from Age of Empires I, where there is a cheat that spawns in a unit called the photon man. These guys look like little astronauts, and they wield laser guns, (they presumably shoot photon particles), and deal massive damage to enemy units and structures alike.

They blow shit up.

Well, that is the long-ass explanation of where my name PHot0N m4N comes from.

2. Liezan Member

Brennan is my real name and Liezan was a name generated by everquest, i liked the name and i stuck with it and recently i combined the 2 and Brenzan.

3. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I've had about 5 nicknames through my time.

Through most of my child hood it was "Anthonyaws" (My name + Initials)
    At one point it was Draco (based on the dragon from Dragon Heart)
    Then it was Furry (GEE, I WONDER)
    Then it came to be Draco again (I couldn't find my animal of choice or which one I really belonged to)
    After picking up a forum called FOX ages ago, a friend asked me for a nickname. I wasn't exactly bothered to think about it too much so I thought of well, mixing my favorite animal (that I finally chose for multiple solid reasons) and the word furry. (I was a retarded child back then, once you get into something you can't stop thinking about it)

tl;dr; Furchee is a combination of "Furry" and "Cheetah". I made it up in less than 5 minutes and it stuck ever since.

Nowadays I never change my nickname from the usual three. Them being Furchee (Furcheetah), CheeTah and Chee.

4. Kner Member

Vodka was one of the leading guilds in WoW cata. Loved their team much.

5. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Oh, this is a fun one...
    Basically this.

Mine is a combo of 1337 (because I thought it was super cool and edgy to be "1337" back then) and of course my favorite Pokemon, Espeon. I don't really change much except using an L or 1 at the beginning.

nafrayu likes this.
  6. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

I used to go by the nick Antitopia, it was a really dumb name based of my real name (Anton). I then realized how stupid that name which i picked as a kid was and began using Brainles$, being inspired by zombies since i was playing zombie servers on css. I then changed the dollar sign to a 5 after becoming a Deadmau5 fan.

7. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

The name Brainles5 has become a part of me it almost feels like, don't think ill change name in the online community ever. It's who i am!

8. PHot0N m4N Member

Bum
    I think Furchee is a good name. It is somewhat easy to deduct what it is, but it expresses what you are into, and it is a bit unique, I think.

9. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

You don't think brainless describes me? :(

10. PHot0N m4N Member

Bum
    Well, honestly I don't know you that well. I'm not going to make the assumption that you don't have a brain until I play with you for a bit ^^

11. OXX Member

I used too go by Jim back on an old account along ago, because Jim is another sorta nickname for James. Then I went by Bock, because Shiner Bock was my college beer lol.
    Around six years ago I came with the name OX, because..well...not sure, just really like the Oxen lol.

12. PHot0N m4N Member

Bum
    I think it's a good name. Mostly because it matches your nature, and your voice.

13. Kner Member

My other nick name is Kner (like here on forums) and it's also because of wow. My dk was named Knerios there :p

14. HadZnak Member

Since i got my first steam game i had thousands of different nicknames, such as Killa, Пельменище and retarded o_O. Suddenly i decided to pick some good nick which i will use forever and ever. Decision came to me after visiting some forum, where i found a moderator called ТвердыйзнакЪ (Ъ = Твёрдый Знак = Hard Sign), so i copied and transliterated it to TverdiyznakЪ. Since i started playing equally on both russian and international servers i realized that Tverdiyznak is kinda hard to pronounce for not-russians, so i translated it to HardSign. But wait! Retarded russians started to pronounce my nickname as [hΛrd sign], and then i combined Tverdiyznak and HardSign to get HardZnak. Sometimes i change it to HerdZnerk, HradZnurk, Lё HardZnakuez or whatever, just for the lulz or anonymity, but usually get back to HardZnak.