Thoughts ?

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Furchee, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I've had this map in my hammer directory for about 2 years now and I'm going to ask you guys whether you think this idea is worth my time!

So in part, it's a massive SINGLE PLAYER map. I'm not going to spill what exactly the map is based on or what it consists of, but I will tell you this:

The map is nowhere near finished.
    I plan to bump up the brush count to the point vbsp will either hate me, or crash.
    The map has challenges ! Anywhere from simple jumps up to traps and other lethal shit !
    Checkpoints (due to death, wouldn't want to restart the entire map <.<)
    Clever puzzles that require a bit of thinking in order to escape certain death!

YES, I am still slowly working on the surf dm map ... it's just ... not my cup of tea so it might take a bit longer. I apologize for that and hope you understand.

Thoughts please !

Thanks ! <3

2. Blueninja1800 Member

Part-time job at cinima
    It honestly sounds like it would be fun. It's a clever idea :) I look forward to playing it when (if) it is finish :) but you most post screen shots or give spoilers. Pleaseeeeeeeee <3

3. Nomdac New Member

Oo Oo Oo is it Skyworld!??!? =P

As long as I get the possibility to stab someone while surfing I am sure it will be fun! And just a thought, anything harder than tier 3 will have a very low completion rate on the facewan servers, so if you want it to get played a lot it might be good to keep the actual surf to that level. Make the puzzles hard as fuck tho because brain.

4. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Change your obnoxiously large signature.
    That said, I never said the map I was talking about in the first post is a surf map. It's an actual adventure/survival type map with very little surfing (if any)

As for the DM map I posted in a thread located here, it's nowhere near as retarded as skyworld. And you can't really argue difficulty on DM maps because all the surfers that like those maps can barely beat a tier 2. (Fruits, for example)
    I MIGHT have a secret room somewhere that'll have a difficult stage to beat, but other than that I won't even bother making it difficult.

@Blueninja
    MAYBE I'll post a screenshot or two.

Blueninja1800 likes this.
  5. Nomdac New Member

On my screen the image takes up about the same amount of vertical space as yours =( however, I will try to find a better image in a few.

What server would you put the adventure map on? Did you guys decide to roll out a death run server or something?

And half the kids on the regular surf map cant even make it to the bottom pool on skyworld soooo. Does this secret mode grant godmode? Because yay godmode! Gotta love stat-padding! =D

6. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

The maps -single player-
    READ GOD DAMN IT JEEZ

7. Nomdac New Member

I read that but I wanna play it on a server and make fun of ppls D= I don't really understand the concept of a single player map on a game like cs:s xD

8. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    He never said it was for CS:S either.

9. Nomdac New Member

Touche... I will go sit in a corner now!

10. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Yes, it's a map meant to be played in CSS.
    And I take it that you wouldn't want to play a single player map then ?
    I honestly don't think it would be boring or uninteresting ...

11. Nomdac New Member

Im interested in trying it out, I just have never played single player on source. It would be fun. I am more of a competitive gamer than a puzzle solver thats all.

12. OXX Member

Sounds enjoyable, I have always loved a challenge!