Anime

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Crow, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    You just ruined the surprise for me, gg bro.

2. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

Today i finished annother series, Angel Beats. Must say its probably the best one so far, beats Sao and Aot straight up. Only 13 episodes and they know how to end it properly.

3. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Two things I see wrong here in my opinion:

1. How do you watch all theese series in such short time? If you're streaming this on a random watch anime website then I must say I'm honestly disappointed.
    (Do you: Buy, Rent, Stream Legally or Stream Illegally)

2. While Angel Beats was great and amazing, the ending isn't perfect. This is because of the massive PLOT HOLE.

Edit: I do not take any blame if you haven't watched Angel Beats and go searching for said Plot Hole. It's only a topic for people who've watched the series.
    Edit: If you wonder how I watched it, this is how: Angel Beats DVD

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  4. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

The plot hole isnt that bad. Still my favorite anime.

5. BrambleG Member

You see, for me I disagree about that. For me, the plot hole, while actually rather small in terms of the scale of the story, made it seem like the writer wasn't even trying to make a decent ending and just wanted to make an ending that would hit people in the feels zone without making sure it even made sense. For me it turned an excellent anime into a "meh" anime. However, to their credit, the series was supposed to be 26 episodes but was cut in half a couple episodes into the series, so I guess I can't really blame them for the story being rushed.

However, I think that if you liked Angel Beats, Clannad (and the sequel series, Clannad: After Story) and Kanon might be good series to watch since they're both written by the same person as Angel Beats (and, call me biased, but I personally think they're better)

6. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

Not gonna lie, but i teared up watching clannad. Im nearly done with the second series, its so fucking depressing. I like it.

7. Kner Member

Does anyone remember an old anime "Shaman king"?

8. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Guys.. This is it!
    Let's all take a deep breath and look at the magnificent picture I took just a couple of minutes ago.
    Yes, that's right! I finally have collected the entire anime and manga series of K-On!

[​IMG]

9. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I love how one of them is in a blue ray cover.
    OH I WANNA SEE CRYSTAL CLEAR ASIAN DRAWN TITS MANG
    -fapfapfapfapfap-

10. Kner Member

Don't you fap on animals?

11. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Fixed.
    Do I ? You tell me.

12. BrambleG Member

Why are you in this thread?

13. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Because after my contribution to it previously, I found it quite funny if my next response was pointing out Infinity's blue ray.
    Is that such a crime ? I'd understand the butt mad if the forums were used a lot more but lets be honest, if I don't keep them alive with stupidity who will ? :3

14. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Yeah, I sort of hate the fact that Blu Ray is small compared to DVD cases but oh well. For like 2-3 quid more it was worth getting Blu Ray since it includes a Blu Ray and a DVD copy of the movie.

15. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

More pls.

Ive watched Clannad (and Clannad after stories), Kanon, Air and Angel Beats.

After stories is possibly one of the best season of a show no matter what genre, style, medium and whatever.
    Is there any other shows like these that you guys know of?

16. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Ah, both types for a little higher price. I think it was a good choice in that case :D

17. BrambleG Member

Other shows I can think of that gave me the feels are AnoHana (11 eps and a new movie that I haven't watched yet) and Madoka Magicka (12 eps and a new movie that I haven't watched yet), and, surprisingly, K-On! (41 eps and an excellent movie), though none of those are especially similar to Key works (for starters, they're not romance; AnoHana and Madoka are dramas, and K-On is a comedy slice-of-life with minimal story), and sadly I've been unable to find anything better than Clannad AS in terms of storytelling. Well, actually, Madoka Magicka has a great story, but Clannad sticks in my head more just because After Story gave me immense feely feels.

You could perhaps try Little Busters! and its second season, Refrain, as it is also an adaptation of a video game made by Key, just like Clannad, Air and Kanon, but I've never watched it so I dunno how good it is.

What did you think of Air? For some reason I never got round to watching it, though I probably should.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  18. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

Air

Air follows a formula which you will recognize from the other Key based shows. But it does still feel like it is its own thing and does take some surprising turns. Definitely worth a watch. Also, thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  19. Crow New Member

So I am about to finish Fairy Tail and SAO.. I think I am going to start ZZ gundam now that the dub is finally available.

20. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

Last couple of months ive watched a lot of anime, i must say some of them are very well written, some are not and some vary a lot. But why does every single damn anime have to bring up incest. It's cool some of them does it but not every single one. Jesus christ.