the wolf has not been killed off

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Alpha Wolf Kodi, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Alpha Wolf Kodi Member

hey guys long time no chat.....most of you fuckers probably wont read this but fuck it im making a post anyways :) i don't know how you've all been doing...good i hope but i haven't been to bad my self....my computer is still broken so i said to hell with it and am now trying to get me a job..i have had 150 interviews within the last 2 1/2 months so im hoping out of the 150 i get a job...then the plan is to start saving money and build me a computer. and speaking of building a computer i would like some help and tips and advice on which parts to get and all that when i have the money....im going to save up at least $3000 dollars worth of a spending limit....now i know that it doesn't take that much to build a decent gaming computer but a little extra money wont hurt in case it costs a bit more for warranty products and ect. i hope all of you have been doing well and i hope to hear from most of you soon.

and as far as the jobcorp vacation thing i was supposed to be doing...its been called off so ill be around.

hope all is going well with facewan.

much love from alpha wolf kodi :D

2. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Just make sure to get like an industrial grade magnet, like the ones used for welding and stick your mechanical harddrives to it. It's rumored that it makes the platters spin more rapidly, increasing your read and write speeds.

Also, good choice on not getting a pre-built piece of shit.

3. Alpha Wolf Kodi Member

thanks infinity thank you for the heads up ill make sure to remember than once i get all my parts

4. Moose Member

Uhh... Hello there... What was your name again?

5. Kner Member

i dont think you need that much money for your new pc. about 1.5-2k is already enough to get a really powerful piece of shit

6. Alpha Wolf Kodi Member

lol hi moose nice to see you too you ass ^_^

well vodka look like you know your stuff so is it alright that i come to you when i get the money to order my parts so you can tell me what is best and what not ?

7. OXX Member

lol..and I was willing too spend 7,000.............

8. Kner Member

Not like i know really much but as far as i know the only useful and expensieve parts are video card and cpu.

9. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Yeah ok then, just get a cheapO power supply since that's like nowhere close to being important at all, since GPU and CPU is superior. (Sarcasm)
    Now, you did say "as far as you know". So it's a reason I might not go really harsh about this topic but I will let you know that, when people say stuff like this.. I feel the need to come up with an argument, so don't take this personally.

If there's anything important about a computer, it is the power supply.
    What's your computer running on.. Oil? Don't think so.
    A good power supply is essential for any expensive gaming rig out there.
    It has to be the right wattage or above what's minimum, but also need to be as efficient as possible. Like most power supplies out there that has like an 80+ certification. That means that the power supply is efficient upto and above 80% of it's rated wattage depending on the certification like Bronze, Silver, Gold or even Platinum.

If I was on a tight budget, there's no way I'd spend my last drop of money on a beefier graphics card to get more frames out of my game when I've selected let's say something like a 500W non-80+ certified power supply. It might be doing it's job, very much true but you must not forget that one day that cheap power supply will literally fuck you in the ass so good that everything that's connected to your PC or at least some parts will eventually either fry because bad electrical current or overvoltage or whatever the case may be.

Let's not forget the fact that it is advised that one get's something like at least a Surge protector to hook your PC to before plugging it into the wall, just in case, to be on the safe side.

EDIT:
    Which one would you get?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is it, I hope you enjoyed reading.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  10. Kner Member

see kodi, it would be better if you ask infy, not me ^^

11. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

What's ironic is that my previous box of love (power supply) cost me roughly 25 usd and she ran my pc for 6 consecutive years until I got a new one and tossed that one into my linux machine.
    She's almost 8 years old now and still runs like a doll <3

12. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    You're quite lucky with that purchase then.

I had a OCZ SilentXStream 600W Power Supply that I got in a used system I bought.
    I think it was around 4-5 years old until last year where it one day just randomly shut down the whole system and I smelled some horrible smoke coming from it.
    That was it's last moment from that day. Hell I think it did one hell of a job, considering my still working EVGA 9800GT hasn't died yet. (Used to be powered by that OCZ PSU)

This is what it looked like:
    [​IMG]