WarZ: First Impressions

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Uragan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Uragan Veteran Stalker

WarZ is a MMO zombie game essentially based off of DayZ. They said they were working on the game long before DayZ but that sounds more like bullshit.

Anyways, WarZ was recently put on Steam so I decided to buy it to see what it's like.

Pros:

Zombies are dangerous.
    Interesting areas to explore.
    Not too hard for new players as long as people are friendly.
    Some players seem to have more brains than the typical DayZ players.(Not as much shoot first, ask questions later.)
    Doesn't have the DayZ name so not as many idiot fanboys.

Cons:

Obvious lies on the Steam Store page.
    Terrible animations and visuals.
    Sounds are terrible.(Did that zombie just yawn?)
    Notice how I said some players have brains, I was being generous, it's only a minority. People still have the shoot first mentality just to get their hands on a flashlight.(Like any zombie game like this)
    Global chat is annoying.
    Zombies can hit you from over a meter away.
    Clunky movement in my opinion.
    Community drama.

Verdict:

For it's price, it is certainly not a bad game, just go for the $15 version rather than the pay generic over priced amount to buy in game items at the store. It's a game with a lot of polishing to do before I can call it a real game though. If you do buy, ignore the idiotic community and just play the game to have fun.

I honestly can't see this or DayZ living though. In a few months or less, this whole zombie fad will die off and something new will start anyways. My advice is buy this now if you want it, if you're hesitant and want to wait for it to go down in price or more content to be released, don't even bother playing DayZ or WarZ at all. Every fad dies out at some point.

This review can't be as long as I want it because I haven't played much. Maybe some of the cons even out after a while from playing.

2. BrambleG Member

Despite not playing it, the big problem is that it is clear from videos and other commentary that they outright LIE on the Steam page. They don't even state that it's in beta, and the screenshots appear to be very much fake. That's illegal, and I'm disappointed in Valve for not checking the quality of games they put on the store. (It doesn't even have to be GOOD, it just has to be described correctly)

3. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I stated that but I kinda feel bad for the developers. They've been accused of so much shit that isn't true. I can't say I think the game is perfect and amazing but it is nonetheless, a game.

I think the devs just need to get their shit together so they can make their game better; they're paying so much attention to the community drama thus getting distracted by whiny morons claiming they ban for no reason.

Like I said in my original post, WarZ and DayZ will be forgotten soon, it happens with every little new trend.

Offtopic: I can't wait to see Project Zomboid on Steam, that is something I REALLY want to play.

4. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Interesting review!
    Although, from all the bullshit and complaining I've been hearing around lately it's not even worth getting.
    This game is WarInc (F2P) with zombies added so I don't feel like paying for it.
    I'll wait for DayZ standalone and see how that turns out, probably "shit" like it's current mod for ArmA2:OA.

5. ToxicGaming Member

And it has been removed from the steam store, you may no longer buy it!

6. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Yeah I just read about that and restored my faith in Valve/Steam again and they are even offering a full refund for the people that want it.

7. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Well I am going for a refund now.

In a way, I do feel bad for the developers. Shit was pretty fucked from the start for them and it didn't help when DayZ fanboys flooded in to take them out.

I know The WarZ was taken down by complaints by I can't help but feel that a good portion were from people who wished to just make it harder on the developers.

In essence, The WarZ was just a cash grab and everyone knows that. It was a cash grab that had potential though regardless of how terribly the game was made. They could have made the game good but now I guess it really doesn't have a chance.

Now I just wait for Project Zomboid to be released on Steam, that I think could be actually fun.

8. BrambleG Member