My opinion on Black Ops 2

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Furchee, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

tl;dr Waste of money.

SO, here's my honest opinion on Black Ops 2. (I play it on the Xbox)
    I believe I've played enough to be able to tell you exactly how bad this game is.

So lets start with the good things about it.

>Customization
    I LOVE the fact I can choose my own emblem shapes to create an image to show off my personality. Its really a thing many games should have.
    The laser sight pointers are also a damn fun thing to have. Really, I love them :3
    The diamond camo's are a great addition as well !!!

>Kill Streaks
    So, here's something that the COD community has been begging for since day one.
    That being said, DAMN good job on it. I think the score streak stuff is much better than that of kills.
    It makes much more sense and is much more fair if the player is actually playing the objective.

>Weapon customization
    There's plenty adds you can put on your weapon, from boring laser sights all up to sweet (and my personal favorite) fast magazine switches !

Really, that's all I got for good things. So lets poor out the bad shit.

>Lag Compensation
    This makes me flip my shit. Seriously, its horribad.
    When Treyarch was asked about this, they said the "host" would be king.
    They want minimal (if any at all) lag compensation. Which I can understand, but even when I have full 4 bars of a connection, shots are still ridiculously off target. You know its bad when I Bitch about getting a kill which I know I MISSED !
    That being said, I know the first comment to approach me on this one. "You're in Croatia, your connection is shit so it makes sense."
    Well, to counter that I can safely say that I've never had it THIS BAD in ANY cod ever. (And like I said, 4 bar connection)

>Sniper Rifles
    Now if anyone knows me well enough, they know I'm all about the long range baby. *Close range too at times, since I quickscope occasionally*
    First thought on the snipers was HORRIBLE. The first two snipers that you get (3rd is at lvl 51 I think ?) are decent, but they're not as good as the other two -at least when it comes to scope pull-up time.
    It's nothing I cant deal with, but its generally a bad thing to put players off unless they've leveled up to 55 in order to get what they want.
    The thermal (Dual) is also horrible, but I love the "player" pop out it has. It's like a light in the dark, unmissable.

>Map Design and Sound
    Now, many people have already bitched about this, but I couldn't believe it until I ACTUALLY played.
    So, the ambient "music" on some maps is fairly annoying, especially if you sound whore.
    The players models blend in TOO WELL with the maps and the visibility at times is complete horse shit.
    If you've ever sound whored, then you know by now that its non-existant in this game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those points being thrown at you, it's rather decent. I can actually play it without bitching (TOO MUCH),
    but I still feel like it's the only COD I've ever bought where I felt like I was robbed.

The campaign was complete horse shit and they did nothing but make you tag along a boring storyline.
    The side missions were fun though, I'll give em that much.

Shower me with your thoughts.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Oh dis gon b gud.

The fact that you played it on Xbox might make my experience a bit different.

I agree with you, all the customization and score streaks made the game much better compared to most of the other CoD games. The only downside I see with some of the customization is that SMGs are used way too much compared to everything else. It's really just because of the laser sight that allows you to hip spray and hit targets accurately and easily.

Really, that's all I got for good things. So lets poor out the bad shit.

This is probably because I play on the PC rather than the Xbox but I don't have much trouble with lag compensation and 90% of the time I am playing with three bars connection-wise. The only time I hear people complain about the lag compensation is when I knife Infinity(and lets face it, those are just his silly excuses).

I'm not much of a sniper person but I find them a lot easier to control now, I find it easier to take shots at long range especially on the map Turbine.

I actually like having ambient music in games, I think it adds more to the experience.

As for the player models and visibility, I have really had no problems identifying targets.

I felt robbed when I bought and tried MW3, this is the only CoD game I actually can say I love since CoD4 and some of the previous ones before 4.

I thought the campaign was great, it actually seemed like an interesting storyline compared to MW3 and MW2. It was even better considering it has multiple endings. The strike force missions were pretty fun but god damn, they are near impossible on veteran especially on the time limit missions.

I can't say I agree with a lot of the things you said, I've always found that Treyarch has made better games than Infinity Ward since the dispute they had during/after the development of MW2. MW2 brought some unique things and MW3 was essentially MW2.5. The Treyarch games usually had something new to bring to the table which is always making me willing to try out a new CoD game.

Also, yellow font color sucks.

3. *sNAFU Member

I like it a lot. I play zombies a bunch though. :p
    And I like how you can pack a punch more than once!

4. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

I'd agree, but it looks damn nice when my forum skin is black ;3

5. BodomChild666 Member

Banning stupid rule breaking fucks.
    Agreed with Uragan... Yellow font looks like shit..
    I'm too blind and I have to highlight it to read it without my glasses xD

....And I aint going out to find my glasses just to read a title
    lol.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  6. Kner Member

Fuck black ops, get halo!

7. Uragan Veteran Stalker

That's like saying GTA sucks so you should get Skyrim instead. They're two totally different things gameplay wise and cannot really be compared any further than the point that they're both FPSs.

8. Kner Member

[​IMG]

9. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

[​IMG]

10. Sean71596 Member

Part-time at www.templetheatre.com
    Lol @ the tags.
    I really am not impressed. When a franchise is to the point of annually releasing a game, the quality tends to suffer. Granted, there are some new interesting features, but a lot of them I really don't like.
    For instance, the pick 10 system.
    Although the wild cards nerf it a bit, I could still go around with a kickass gun that will mow through anything.
    I'm definitely not shelling out for this one.

11. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Stupid Toxic editin mah shit<.<