FaceWAN TF2?

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by l337Espeon, Dec 14, 2011.

1. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    So I'm thinking about putting up a TF2 server or possibly another game, what does everyone else think people would like a server for?

2. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    Maybe Minecraft, I don't know. I usually just stick to what I think is most fun to do. Also, the Garry's Mod 10 server should be changed.

3. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I would say have a Minecraft SMP server. TF2 for me is usually only fun for a few weeks after a major update.

4. Snickers Member

Carpenter
    " FaceWAN is a gmod community " , so i think it " should " be gmod 10

but i am for an Minecraft Server too, cause i think tf2 is shit ...

5. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Seems to be more votes for a Minecraft server, if I do put up a Minecraft server I would need someone to help manage it to keep plugins updated and stuff. The same goes for Gmod10 as well though.

6. Ownage Administrator

pilllzzzzzz here

7. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I'd be willing to take a shot at managing a MC server. I've never done it before but it shouldn't be too hard. If someone else gets the job though, we should have Smart Moving installed. It allows you to climb, crawl, and has animations for stuff like climbing ladders.

Smart Moving: Smart Moving Mod

8. Snickers Member

Carpenter
    I have with my friend an Minecraft server too with 20 slots , but we play Survival and " Vanilla " ( That means the Server has not much plugins, except for a few exceptions ( Bukkit - admin plugin ... chest protection and Prob Protection against " Griefers "))

And i hope our Minecraft Server dont get too much Plugins ( Ruins the game )
    I am Open for Plugins and that stuff , but they should not change the original game style , movement too much !
    And maybe i can help out too. ( Build an Spawn or where ever u need help )

and btw Uragan, do u know an Prop Protection Plugin that is already updated for the new 1.0.0 version of Minecraft, i dont find one and that makes much problems with the buildings on our Server

And that " Smart " Moving Mod hmm... the animations looks good but i think its like cheating and i hate that like hell.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  9. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Could you explain a little bit more about how it's cheating?

10. Snickers Member

Carpenter
    LoL what should i explain so much , just look at the movements , in the original minecraft u cant jump or " Climb " on an object that is 2 Blocks high. With that plugin u can.

I dont say the plugin is crap, we can install it, but then we dont should install any other " Movement " plugin, cause i think we dont should change the minecraft movements too much.

Also the game style , just install the plugins what are realy needet , and maybe 1 or max. 2 plugins more for fun.

I just want to say dont install too much plugins pls. Look, espeon said more people "vote" for minecraft and after that the people already start too say what plugins they want to have on the server. If espeon installs all plugins what the people post here , then the server is after 1 week filled with hundreds of plugins.

I think the first what we should report to him are the plugins what are realy needet like an Admin Mod or something. That smart movement addon isnt realy needet and its just for fun , but that comes later.

And as is said before that Smart Moving plugin isnt crap , it looks realy good and maybe its ok , the movements holds in limits.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011