rp_facewan_goforadrive? Making a Map

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod 9' started by brando1304555, Jul 18, 2010.

1. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    Well Idk if that is gonna be the name or not but I started a map tonight I got the basic layout done here is a pic of the unfinished Police department it is gonna be pretty odd and artistic the materials are not staying they were just so I could see to align it all. Didn't realize it was such a crap angle but it is really cool lookin anyhow I need some decent Ideas that I am capable of I am just learnin hammer tonight so not anything to hard.

Attached Files:

• PD.jpg
      PD.jpg
      File size:
      226.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Is this going to be a city map? If so I'd leave some trash props/decals from City 17 to make it more realistic.

3. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Kinda hard to see what's going on in your screenshot :D

4. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    I have experienced a lot with hammer editor by making some CSS maps but gmod 9 is going to be a first for me. The stuff i learned from Hammer on CSS map makings are not any different from gmod 9 also HL2DM so i would not have a problem. I can help you out if you want help Brando. If you want to see a map i made on CSS just let me know and ill give you a download.

5. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    It is called gofoadrive cause theres one big city than theres a big stretch of road leadin out to the country and i made sure the turns you can take pretty fast.

6. matthaios Chicken nuggers Staff Member

N/A
    Make sure that if you use displacements, to put a nodraw block in/directly underneath the displacement so props won't fall through.

7. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    heres a better set of pics he hem drogen lol anyhow it may not look like much but that is gonna be a tight prison when it is done

Attached Files:

8. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    More pics just tryin to show ya all the size of this prison.

Attached Files:

9. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    Anyone wanna tell me what you think for learning hammer over night? Sorry the pictures are scattered I kinda was fucked up when I was designing what I got so far lmao but guess it is alright for 24 hours of hammer

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  10. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    whats it take to get people to actually respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! minus the couple that did but oh my god this is exactly why nothing really gets done by admins anymore we would have a lot more things happening if people spent time to communicate with one another come on let your emotions flow people get your brains tickin THINK DAMN IT AND MAKE SOMETHING FOR THIS COMMUNITY GOD and I aint pointing people out of course our brilliant LUA coder is doing all the work lets get some good mappers going come on this community really needs new maps myself and another admin are working on two seperate maps just started yesterday with mine. I know there are plenty of admins here that can make models, maps, sounds, weapons, cars, and whatever the hell else stop slackin nuttins gonna happen by it self... Time to wake up nooblets smell the coffee start a project on your free time. Don't think your idea is cool well someone will like it upload it and present it to the other admins and boom there you go your ideas on a online server ! holy shit you might be famous someday lool prolly not but still I've watched over everyone the past few months and gotta say we all lazy pretty much <><> even myself thats why I started mapping a rp map for our rp servers 1. a map with our community name in it will attract more people 2. Our gmod9 servers really need some fresh maps never seen before. 3. CAUSE IM SICK OF PLAYIN THE SAME SHIT 4. Fuck 4 get to work good night and have a good day workin slackers.

Note: I know Espeon your busy and do everything you can and Lucid you got a lot on your hands but the rest of the community needs to pitch in the dish or we aint got no candy to give.

11. BrambleG Member

Looking pretty good so far, better than anything i can do :p One thing I think would be cool, if the gun shop had spawnable weapons, like in the silenthill map, but more choice. Of course, you'd have to make sure somebody responsible owns the gunshop to prevent minges from buying any weapons.

12. brando1304555 Member

Unemployed
    Yeah it is going to be a city map and thanks for the idea with the trash i was planning on making it look real. I shale look into that gun store your talking about I was planning that also lol:) just did not think of the gun spawns yet thanks for the idea for more gun choices.

13. Se1f_Distruct New Member

"Looking pretty good so far, better than anything i can do"

Hmm, if only i knew how to use hammer, ive done some Unreal Engine mapping, maybe I could learn hammer and make a basic map.

AND

"Yeah it is going to be a city map and thanks for the idea with the trash i...:
    Maybe a GYGANTIC secret underground area, like "Sector 6" at the desert... That would be awesome, but the RP desert map is too BORING because it is just that, a desert.