My Triops website

Discussion in 'FaceWAN Random Discussion Room' started by Dark_Hero, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Dark_Hero Member

Hey everyone its been a long time since ive played on facewan...
    Im gonna try to be active again but ive had to work, take a IT course etc.
    And during the lunchbreaks ive been working on my very first website its completly dedicated to Triops and for now i think, this is the most complete and practical Triops website ive ever seen on the web (ive seen over 50 now)
    Here it comes www.triopsparadise.webs.com
    Its still a free website but once i gain some donations and more traffic i will buy a webdomain. I think everyone here is familiar with Triops aka. Aquasaurs,Triassic Triops. etc.

And here are some pics for those that dont know what Triops are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chrisspitz Member

eh
    well.

Needs to be more organized.. And the layout etc was obviously all set up in whatever the free hosts website generator software is.

You are getting somewhere though
    But in a may more basic manner

If you have enough common sense with computers and your not an idiot you can tell if someone has experience with website design/html/php/image design maybe/whatever you want it to be

3. Dark_Hero Member

Free webs has its own webdesigner and i am limited to that i know its basic but i cant do anything about it. It doesnt support user created HTML coding the only bit of HTML coding you can add are those stupid widgets like a clock etc. Even the background and template cant be changed (only some colours,text and basic CSS coding). So with all those limits i personally think this really aint a failure. And why does it looks unorganized? Ive let my 11 year old brother test it out and he found what he was looking for in a matter of seconds...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. Chrisspitz Member

Lol im not meaning to flame you
    Its just when text isn't organized perfectly with alignments etc. (the text next to your picture). . . It bothers me.

I dont even bother with freehosts that offer webdesign.. I just say I wasted another 10 seconds of my time registering. I only like free hosts with ftp. Yet half the time they dont offer enough support or space for the files I use.

5. Dark_Hero Member

I know you werent flaming;) And indeed i already reached the max number of pages. And i only have 10mb remaining so ive replaced most pics with a imageshack url so they dont take that much space. But i dont really understand what you mean with the text allignments they seem pretty good to me. But then again when you watch my site at different resolutions it might be fucked up. I guess thats the problem you see. Yet another freewebs designer screw up..*sigh* im now really considering to just screw freewebs and buy my own webdomain so i can do and change whatever i wanna do. Im currently compairing the prices vs. download limits and speeds. But this would really be a waste of time and money if Traffic doesnt go up and screw up google spider cant read my site for some reason its been 2 weeks and still it doesnt shows up.

6. Chrisspitz Member

lol its fine

Im probably at the natural size, but im just picky.
    Next to the picture heres what happens in my terms

The text alignments next to the picture bother me, and the nearly bold print, it might not be bold just a big size, or a bold looking font

blahblahblahblah
    Thesefisharereallyreallycoool
    Thesefish
    thesefisharereallyreallycoool
    reallyreallyreallyreallyreallycooool
    fish

7. o-m-f-g Dragon Supervisor

Well, congratuation on creating your first website Dark_Hero.

8. Sharigan Administratorz Staff Member

Uber grammatical error here.

"Or did you just bought some aquasaurs™ and trying to gain some additional info?"

This entire sentence needs to be reworked.

9. Dark_Hero Member

Yeah my english aint perfect but i dont see the fault? Could you tell me?;)
    It looked fine to me but if you find more faults plz correct me then xD on my site's forum or here:D But for a dutchman i think i did good on making an entire english site most of my friends were amazed and i had to translate 1/2 of the entire site:D

10. Dark_Hero Member

Godamn microsoft they dont support frontpage no more WTF. It even says its an award winning webpage editor for over 5 years so ... we changed it *sigh* il guess il have to use dreamweaver... I really liked frontpage but its been outdated since 2003 damnit... Does anybody know a good free webpage designer/editor. I never used dreamweaver before and i really dont feel like spending over 40$ on some software that i never used before. I wanna try to make a website before i buy a webdomain.

11. Chrisspitz Member

I like Dreamweaver D:
    I dont use it that often anymore anyway.. Only if I need something

12. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    If you install Office XP first, then do an upgrade install of Office 2003, you will keep FrontPage.

13. o-m-f-g Dragon Supervisor

Yea, DW is a pretty good program.

Don't have money for that software?

*cough* save up *cough*

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  14. Dark_Hero Member

? im working for 2 years now i can easily afford dreamweaver but i dont trust software i aint familiar with and i cant find a trial or demo anywhere. Unlike some people that buy everything in a rush i always think before i buy... And i know i get frontpage with office 2003 because thats how im using it. But it doesnt have the latest html and their arent any newer patches because it aint supported no more.

15. smiffy Member

High School Junior
    I made a website a while ago on forest insects. It was horribly done.

16. Dark_Hero Member

Well i think forrest insects arent that hard to find info about but ive spended more then 2 weeks gathering information about Triops because almost every american kid has had them. But nobody seems to share info on the net so this is all based on scientific experiments and my own experience. After 3 years and more then 20 generations of Triops breeding i can consider myself an expert:D But indeed making an informational site that doesnt look like the blog of a 14 year old kid is harder then most people think... in my case even in a foreign language:cool:

17. smiffy Member

High School Junior
    :p

I made it back in 5th grade, over 4 years ago.

18. Sharigan Administratorz Staff Member

Dude I live in America and I've never known any one who has owned or heard of Triops. Including me. Triops are even more uncommon then cock roaches as pets. Any ways they remind me of the prehistoric trilobites..perhaps they were Triops ancestors. They also remind me of that Pokemon..forget what it is called.

19. Dark_Hero Member

Well then you and your friends are an exeption i guess because everyone knows sea monkeys and when you search sea monkeys on the web you will always see some triops advertising no matter what the brand name is like aquasaurs or triassic Triops etc... And who the hell keeps cockroaches as a pet? The trilobites you mentioned are ancestors to every aquatic animal. Especially the Crustacea related species (lobsters,crabs,shrimps etc.)

20. smiffy Member

High School Junior
    You would be very surprised.