how to host?

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod 9' started by hoobhoober, Nov 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hoobhoober New Member

Good day.

I am currently investigating ways to host dedicated servers for gmod 9, 10, 11 and 12.

I got ahold of a vps that I want to put to good use, I don't really care who plays on them or who administrates them, I just want them to exist and be online.

I want to help.

I have a couple of linux vps that will not be expiring for a few years, and they are not doing anything.

2. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Garry's Mod 9 will not work on Linux natively (there were no Linux binaries shipped), you would need to use WINE in order to run the server under Linux.
    Not sure what you mean by Gmod 10,11, and 12 as you can't jump back to the previous versions of the paid Gmod without using an offline copy (as far as i know.)

If you need help setting everything up, send me a PM here or a drop by the Discord.

3. hoobhoober New Member

Hey there, thanks for replying. Thanks for all the work you did on this, I really appreciate someone doing all that. You're awesome!
    I might try wine but until I know what I'm doing I will probably self host it on windows before moving it to wine.

What is your discord server/handle?

I do not get a lot of time to come online but I would love to see this through.

By the way, gmod 10-12 are distributed as source mods now by a certain group on steam, although I could only get 10 to work which is probably my fault.

If you are worried about spammers I can PM you my discord handle, for now I will comb the forums for a discord invite.

4. C¥ber New Member

theres a sourcemod for 10-12? link me this ive been searching