Quick autmated hide and seek script for csgo surf server.

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Brainles5, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Brainles5 FaceWAN Premium Full

Code:
    alias hns "hns_t"
    alias hns_respawn_t "sm_respawn @t; sm_hp @t 99999; sm_give @t weapon_ssg08; alias hns hns_ct"
    alias hns_respawn_ct "sm_respawn @ct; sm_hp @ct 99999; sm_give @ct weapon_ssg08; alias hns hns_t"
    alias hns_t "sm_hp @t 99999; sm_freeze @t 30; sm_blind @t 255; alias hns hns_respawn_t"
    alias hns_ct "sm_hp @ct 99999; sm_freeze @ct 30; sm_blind @ct 255; alias hns hns_respawn_ct"

Bind "hns" to any key and you're ready to host a night of hide and seek!

Press X at the beginning of the round to freeze the seeking team

Press X after 30 seconds to unblind, unfreeze and give them a scout!

Next round just repeat, the script automatically switches team!

Suggested rules: The hiding team isn't allowed to kill or attack the seekers.
    The hiding team must remain in hiding and may only move when they clearly have been spotted/attacked by a seeker.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Specter likes this.
  2. Bench FaceWAN Premium Basic

Thank you for making this

3. Specter New Member

I'm a new admin and would like to use this script. can you make a tutorial please?

4. Bench FaceWAN Premium Basic

Copy Script, paste in your config/autoexec, replace "hns", save the file, play csgo, and use the script.

5. cheenis FaceWAN Premium Full

Verified WinRAR License Owner
    Remember before using the script and provided to created the cfg file, type in console "exec sampletext.cfg" so it loads the commands, and then all there is left to do is press your assigned binds.

6. Bflatmusic Member

Video Producer & Web Developer
    This needs to be ruled in the same way as the music and HLDJ. If there is anyone who wishes to stop the hide and seek at any point, I think it needs to stop. The server is not supposed to be played this way and in my opinion, it is not as fun as the regular game. I go to that server to play combat surf. If I wanted to sit through hide and seek which will last all round, I would go to a prop hunt server on Gmod. I know there are people who are enjoying this but I just see this being abused or used to the point where we will start to lose regulars or players who come to play the regular surf.

7. cheenis FaceWAN Premium Full

Verified WinRAR License Owner
    Abused? We do the same voting system, usually we get 100% of the votes to do it, as well once people get bored, we stop. Its also very occasional.

8. Bench FaceWAN Premium Basic

Prop Hunt and Hide and Seek are completely different, and the two games are also completely different. If people join the server and see a game of hide and seek, they have the option to leave the server. Some people can get bored of playing bano, xdre4m, japan, and ski repeatedly and playing hide and seek has never really been a problem until you mentioned it. Also, nobody uses hldj and people go on the server for surfing (hint hint), not just combat surf.

9. Bflatmusic Member

The point of this server is combat surf. The voting is not always accurate because when I am surfing, I do not stop to select a vote. I do not enjoy the hide and seek. Cheenis might do a vote to test but while I have been on and played it, no vote has taken place with Brainless. This may be because I joined in later but if that is the case, a vote would need to take place every round. As to bench's comment about hldj, I don't care if it is hldj or slam. They are both used for the same purpose. The hide and seek isn't surf. I get yelled at when I surf around the map because I am not hiding. I go to surf not to hide and wait out the round.

10. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Is there a hide and seek mod/plugin for CS:GO? I'd totally put up a server for it if that existed.

11. Bflatmusic Member

I looked around google for a while. For the most part, there are no plugins for HNS. I found a few for prophunt in csgo but the maps are what matter. After that, it is almost just like what brainless has. A team is selected, blinded, frozen, and gagged. The other team has 100 hp while the seekers have a very large amount. It just goes of honor rule for not moving though.

12. Uragan Veteran Stalker

If people don't care what maps are used, I wouldn't object to people using the competitive server to fuck around in for stuff like this. The password is still facewancomp and it should have pretty much the same plugins that are needed for this stuff. You'll obviously have the kick all the bots, but that shouldn't be an issue.

13. *sNAFU Member

Found this Plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2384364

14. Bflatmusic Member