Garry's Mod 9 servers retired

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod 9' started by l337Espeon, Jan 25, 2014.

1. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    For those that didn't know, the FaceWAN Gmod9 servers have been shut down after months of no use. It's been a long time coming, but it seems to be a very stale game now and everyone has moved on to the current version of Garry's Mod. This forum will remain open for people who still want to download Garry's Mod 9 and related mods. There are some good times in this forum, back from when FaceWAN was starting up.

2. the nyan cat buster 3000 New Member

plz put them back on i want to play on them with my friends espeon. oh and by the way the source sdk base 2006 & 2007 got updated and gmod 9 wich before the update i could see Counter Strike Source Weapons now have an ERROR on them and the StunStick And the C4 2 gmod 9 now says your Gmod 9 version does not compair with the server version if i try to play on a server from gmod 9 how do i fix this?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  3. daunknownman2010 New Member

Well I'm back from some other place. Noticing FaceWAN GMOD9 servers are down now.

But I can answer some of your questions.

1. The SteamPipe update broke mounting which will require manual fix.

2. The server version problem is caused by the server and client thinking they are different versions. You can avoid this with the connect command in Console.

To fix the mounting, you will need to extract contents from the game. It will require a good amount of GB to fix though. Full detail can be found on this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216513041

4. the nyan cat buster 3000 New Member

I struggled with an issue I can't change my ingame gmod9 name it says "Mingebag" when I go to options/multiplayer there should be a tab where you can type your ingame name in but now I can't change it anymore + playermodel choose tab is not there? Before the Steam Pipe update I could change my ingame name I've tried to reinstall gmod9 neither steam does not seem to fix this error How do I fix this? P.S please put the RP server back on my friend wants to play it and where trying to revive gmod9 from the dead there are a huge amount of dudes on my school who still wants to play gmod9 but our hamachi server can't take more then 10 players so please I really want the servers back on beacues SRCDS does not support Garry's mod 9.0.4, for at least I know :-[

5. Uragan Veteran Stalker

You can probably change your name by using console commands or by snooping around in the cfg files in your GM9 directory.

As for the RP server thing, sorry, but I doubt it's gonna go up again. Pretty much everyone in this community got tired of GM9 and some people just got tired of GMod in general. Besides, the old good RP experience that most of us veterans in FaceWAN remember won't ever come back anyways. Overall, it's probably best to either find out how to host your own server for GMod9 or try to get into the newest version of GMod, sorry.

6. the nyan cat buster 3000 New Member

I have gmod 13 but my friend doesn't so where trying to play on a gmod9 Rp server which is very rare. But mabey the moderators can make a download Link for the Rp server and even fixed old SRCDS files and when we find out how to make a gmod9 dedicated server then more of our friends can join our server we also want Rp in but we don't know how to make that beacues now you just need to download DARKRP and put it in the server gamemodes so yeah mabey Espeon can help and where am I supposed to find the idk "username.cfg"?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. Uragan Veteran Stalker

I'm not exactly sure how easy it would be to get FaceWAN's RP working on another server. If I remember correctly, it had a lot of stuff you needed to do with MySQL. You might be able to find UCRPM though which might satisfy your needs.

8. the nyan cat buster 3000 New Member

Espeon i just have to say to you that people are now more starting to play on gmod9 servers and it would be fantastic if the rp server would come up
    then we would have a seperate gamemode for gmod9 i beg you