CS:GO Surf is UP!

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by l337Espeon, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    I finally finished the Surf server for CS:GO! Only like 7 or so maps in the rotation, but that's all I could find, if you can find more send me some links!

The IP is below:
    69.42.215.154:27032

2. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

To add to it, here is a screenshot of the server currently

[​IMG]

3. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  4. Infinity39 Super Saiyan

Trying to ascend
    Holy moly, I'll be playing this in no time!
    Edit: Maybe I won't play this until there's more servers around. Basically all assholes that got their hands on this game join to surf but they end up sitting in spawn and picking people off and since FF is on, teamkilling is an issue as well. People don't even pay attention to the chat, LMAO!
    And we seriously need a fix for colission/block since falling into jail is just mass murder, and it's annoying to get stopped while surfing!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  5. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

do old css maps still work in csgo?

6. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

No.
    It's an entirely new engine build.
    Although it would be amusing, I doubt it would look good in CS:GO.

7. BodomChild666 Member

Banning stupid rule breaking fucks.
    Actually yes, but they are missing all textures and some functions.
    Possibly later on in the future they will be able to get loaded into the map maker/workshop and have the CS:GO textures and functions replace the old ones. Let's keep our fingers crossed :3

8. nafrayu Super Moderator Staff Member

Well uh, you can't add textures to csgo anymore because they use the stupid VPK system now right? Else you could've just created VMT's for most of the css textures and point them to the new csgo VTFs

9. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Oh ? That's surprising. It's the first time I see them actually make older bsp's run in a new game engine.

Just put them in the original dir's. You don't have to use VPK. It's just a compressed version of all CS:GO's raw files.
    But yes, you -could- just add VMT's pointing to csgo VTF's (textures) and it would be fine. Although, not in all cases :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  10. Uragan Veteran Stalker

Newer engines can run old maps but older engines can't run new maps usually.

11. AtomisK New Member

Admin Abuse

Hey just wanted to mention that this server was in my favourites and I've been loving it but after tonight I don't think I'll be coming back. An admin was just kicking people and banning people left and right. I believe the admin was Golden Eraser. I don't usually take a stand when it comes to this stuff and if I'm posting in the wrong thread, my apologies. I just thought I would mention it because it was just complete disrespect toward the players tonight. By my count, 10 or so people were kicked and 6 were banned. Included is a screen cap from the ban list. No warnings were issued prior to the kicking or banning of any players except for one of them who was warned. Most kicks were for "camping" although they were never spectated by the admin and when they came back asking why they were kicked they were banned for "fighting with the admin". Someone just simply asked about the rules and the admin called them and idiot and to check the message of the day before asking him stupid questions. Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place but I really felt someone should be told about this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  12. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

Deepest apologies.
    It will be looked into, no worries.
    If the bans were given without a proper reason they WILL be removed. Same goes with ban length. If it's camping and the ban was over an hour or so, it's completely stupid and should be removed. I don't think a camping ban deserves more than a hour. *unless they've broken rules beforehand*

We'll look into this. Thank you for reporting it :)

13. BodomChild666 Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  14. sp3ctr3 New Member

XD Oh look AtomisK. I'm on that ban list. >_<

Hope mine wasn't permanent, but mine was fairly justified. I didn't get a warning though, which sucked, but I DID kill a player in spawn. Saw him kinda deciding to try and get a few players banned by sticking himself out a little to try and get people to kill him. I fell for it and was too late when I realized.

Anyway, hope I'm not incriminating myself, but I'm just saying at least one of his bans were just. Would've appreciated a warning instead though, as I would have stopped. Plus I had JUST joined and didn't know. But I don't think he was too bad.

15. BodomChild666 Member

These should be posted in the Ban/Unban Requests section of the forum and not here.
    Anyway, your ban is not permanent and is now expired. You can now play on the sever again, just make sure you dont break our rules ;)

16. Kastro Banned

I saw these last night and thought to my self what the fuck all the reasons are blank fishy fishy...

17. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

Before this thread gets shit up with complaints, 80% of the people that end up playing in the server need to be "reminded" of the server rules and drop the attitudes. I've gone in the server numerous times to hear people just trying to start trouble, people don't listen.

18. genericplayer085 New Member

hey big ban of your server much respect for having a surf GO server, however today in your server there was a crazy abusive admin named gold eяaser.

He was banning people for saying things he didn't like (even non offensive things)

Using ADMIN chat for the hell of it which seemed very unprofessional and swearing in it.

Slaying people that he claimed were "camping" even though the were scanning the area.

Just over all made my time at this server very unenjoyable. I Really LOVE playing this server everyday and hate to see it run under by one bad apple in the bunch

I hope you guys can put some investigation into this matter and hopefully resolve the flaws.

Thanks for your time.

19. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

Just my honest opinion, the players in the server most of time I've played have made me quit the game because they refuse to listen to the server rules. I ban them and just like with these bans people bitch... really? It seems unfair to us admins when players are trashing us [admins] and the community in chat/mic and want respect... I don't think so. This is why I haven't really played much CS:GO in the past week, and it's really a problem when I can't play in my OWN server because the players make me not even want to play.

I have talked to the admin in question, but people really need to start listening to the rules and stop complaining when they get reprimanded for being out of line. You can see where some of our admins get frustrated with players not listening constantly and hopefully understand it's nothing personal. On the other side, most of the stuff people are complaining about (team killing, camping, weird ban reasons) can't be fixed at the moment because the devs made these difficult for server operators to deal with. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update, or the game will loose servers due to operators going insane.

This thread is getting locked to avoid more rants and be left as a kind reminder to wise up, not trying to sound like an asshole, but I've seen these problems first hand on the server and it's mostly been the players at fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.