Offline map problem, please help.

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers' started by Bench, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Bench FaceWAN Premium Basic

Hey guys, pewdiepie here.

So there is a problem for me when I try to play the following surf maps that are downloaded from the surf server:
    greatriver_xdream
    akai
    10x
    machine4

When ever I try loading the map on an offline server (map <mapname> in console) I get the following error that I uploaded and the game crashes. I tried verifying my game files, but there was still no fix. I tried doing all the options in the window, but there is still no fix. The only other source games I have are CSS and TF2. If any has a fix, please comment.

Attached Files:

2. l337Espeon Administrator Staff Member

FaceWAN Network Administrator
    Unfortunately, I believe this is related to the original issue I had with a lot of maps crashing the servers. I found the weapons included in these maps are from Counter-Strike: Source and will crash the game/server. That is from people directly porting maps from Counter-Strike: Source without properly making it work for CS:GO. I use a plugin called Stripper:Source (https://www.bailopan.net/stripper/) to remove the bad weapons, but I'm not sure if this will work in single player.

3. Furchee Yiff Staff Member

This is correct. The csbase file for weapon entities is nowhere near the same in csgo as it is in css.
    Sorry to hear these problems and if for some reason stripper doesn't work look up a tool called "entspy" and open the map with it.
    With it you can remove all "weapon_*" entities and play the map with no problems.